Cannot install/find the expansion bank I bought.

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought Synthmaster/Synthmaster One / Synthmaster player.
I also bought 7 Nori Ubukata Art Rock Basics - but cannot install/find the bank I purchased.
I followed the instructions in the manual: Go to Browse - Right-click on the banks column. Select 'restore my preset banks'. The first time I did this, something seemed to download. Yet, I still cannot see the pack I bought in the Banks Column (All I see is Factory Presets / My Favourites / My Presets / Online Presets).
I have tried to click 'restore preset banks' again, but I am met with the message 'all of your preset banks are already installed'.
Any ideas?

BTW - I have tried to contact KV331 three times (via website support ticket) but have never received a reply. (i.e. great synths - terrible customer service).
This seems odd to me as I am sitting here ready to buy quite a few banks - but will not take the risk if they do not show up in the synth.

Notes: I am assuming that the Art Rock basics pack I bought will appear in Synthmaster - rather than Synthmaster One - although I am confused - on the website this pack appears under Synthmaster - yet if you go to the store within Synthmaster One - this pack appears there for purchase. In any case, I have tried to track it down in all versions of Synthmaster - but no luck. I have also tried all three in standalone and from within my DAW.
I am running Windows 10 - DAW is Studio One. Synthmaster is installed on a second internal drive. I have searched all drives for the title of the pack, but nothing shows up.

I hope someone can help me here.

AlbertMoon wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:18 pm I bought Synthmaster/Synthmaster One / Synthmaster player.
I also bought 7 Nori Ubukata Art Rock Basics - but cannot install/find the bank I purchased.
I followed the instructions in the manual: Go to Browse - Right-click on the banks column. Select 'restore my preset banks'. The first time I did this, something seemed to download. Yet, I still cannot see the pack I bought in the Banks Column (All I see is Factory Presets / My Favourites / My Presets / Online Presets).
I have tried to click 'restore preset banks' again, but I am met with the message 'all of your preset banks are already installed'.
Any ideas?

BTW - I have tried to contact KV331 three times (via website support ticket) but have never received a reply. (i.e. great synths - terrible customer service).
This seems odd to me as I am sitting here ready to buy quite a few banks - but will not take the risk if they do not show up in the synth.

Notes: I am assuming that the Art Rock basics pack I bought will appear in Synthmaster - rather than Synthmaster One - although I am confused - on the website this pack appears under Synthmaster - yet if you go to the store within Synthmaster One - this pack appears there for purchase. In any case, I have tried to track it down in all versions of Synthmaster - but no luck. I have also tried all three in standalone and from within my DAW.
I am running Windows 10 - DAW is Studio One. Synthmaster is installed on a second internal drive. I have searched all drives for the title of the pack, but nothing shows up.

I hope someone can help me here.
We usually answer all issues within 2 days. If you write me your register email address in PM, I can see what the problem is. I apologize in advance for this problem and delay. The Art Rock Basic expansion is available for Synthmaster 2 and Synthmaster Player. You cannot use this expansion on Synthmaster One. You can see which expansions for which product on the Expansions pages of our website.

I opened a ticket on June 15th.

Received a reply on July 19th (i.e., over a month later): This just said that my order could not be found under the provided email -

On July 19th replied. I sent the Paypal Transaction ID - along with a copy of the full receipt from Paypal (including payment source - email and physical address, the amount paid into your account - order number, date of the transaction - item number and name, etc - pretty much anything you would need to verify my purchase).

I received an answer to this on the 29th of July: 'I can't find any information under these 3 emails. I sent this to our purchasing department.'

Frustrated by this response - this was my reply:

'Man, don't bother. I am done with your company and will not be buying anything further from you in the future. Let me suggest how you should have handled this.

1. Swifter
2. Don't assume that the customer is trying to get free software (99% of the time, this will not be the case). Start from this position: 'one of our customers has bought something from us, and is having problems installing it. This is a technical issue that we can solve'.
3. Read emails from customers more carefully - my issue was how to install add-on packs - I could not care less if you do not have a record of my purchase (even if I have). I would not have a problem buying again, if I could trust your company and your software installation methodology.
4. Look up the paypal receipt number I gave you - if you still suspect that I am being dishonest do this:. Log onto your paypal account - put in a search for the receipt number I gave you - it really is that simple.

As someone who ran their own business - with plenty of contacts with other businesses - anyone would tell you that a successful business is based on good customer relationships and support: Not just to be 'nice and friendly', but to ensure that sales are not lost, and that the company's reputation is not perceived as amateurish and untrustworthy.
It is blatantly clear that you do not actually have a customer service division - but it is left to people reading emails now and then in their spare time - only to show efficiency in dismissing said emails. In the music business (like any other) word spreads quickly - in researching how to get a response from your company, I soon discovered that mine is anything but an isolated case.
Such a shame to have a good product and lose trust (and sales) through poor business practices. '

Return to “KV331 Audio”