Come back from the dead!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just popped in and surprised to see some interest. I'm clearing some software on my drive. I might as well remove this one.

yhuu
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

I too want eXT back from the realm of dead DAWs. Including a proper Linux version. I dream on.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

@Nielzie: I agree 100%. Especially I wish a Linux version too that works right. On my Cinnemon 20.2 eXT 2.7 doesn't save the *.ini just sometimes. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I tried to place eXT on different places with different rights. No luck. Sad.

Short: Jorgen come back or sell it to competent developers! Or be consequent and close all sides.

Btw: I know, eXT works very well under wine. But why must I install an emulation if a software presents a Linux version?

Same here @fanta1. Weird behaviour.. On Kubuntu. Couldn't be bothered and installed Lmms, Wine and Carla to bridge all windows vsts. Works great, but I still miss that awesome simple straight forward workflow from eXT2 from back when I was on Windows. That was so smooth and productive!

A proper Linux version would be great, but the audio stack in Linux is a mess. XT would be fighting for the same space a Reaper, which now has a really good Linux build, and I can't see how something that is basically abandonware can compete with such an active project. The only reason I am using Reaper is because XT is harder to use on Linux, whereas Reaper works out of the box. So yeah, I too would love a proper Linux build.

eXT could never catch up with Reaper, nor should it even try imo. But workflow wise, ease of use, etc. There it could be a very attracktive choice for a lot of people I think, if.. indeed, it would work right out of the box with a descent internal or external bridge for Windows vst(3).

I'm tiered to think about DAW alternatives. Reaper is too complicated, Waveform (I was Tracktion user in the past) has a very good Linux implementation but it's meanwhile bloated, Bitwig is also bloated, and others like Ardour, LMMS a.s.o. are irritating.
@djvision: I detected some memory leaks in eXT3 under wine has to do with the multicore-support. I switched to single-core. (b.t.w.: there's a weird bug in the sampler section. I wonder Jorgen didn't detect it before publishing v3. He must be in hurry, drunken or stoned this day)

Return to “energyXT”