Automatic Track Splitting

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
When using Automatic Track Splitting on a .flac file, the regions do not save? It does save them if I save it as a .wav file. Is there a way to save the regions in a .flac file?

Thanks
Michael Mancini

Hi!

That should work fine, and I just tested it here without any problems. What exactly happens in your case? Are the tracks detected? I don't think that is related to the FLAC format.

Best,
Stian

Hi,
The Automatic Track Splitting is working fine. I want to retain all the regions created by Automatic Track Splitting in the original audio file.

In this program saving as flac does not keep the regions. But saving in wav format does. After saving the original flac file with the created regions I get the error "Anchors are not supported by the file format". My question was why can't the regions be saved in the flac format?

I am surprised there is not a Acoustica file format to save so that you could keep regions no matter what the file format is. The Workplace does not save them either.

By saving multiple regions in a file, i.e. gunshots or footsteps. I can see them all at once and pick the regions I want and export as files.

In the screenshots you can see the regions in the wav file after saving and reloading. Also the error after saving the flac file with regions.

Thanks
Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Mancini

Thanks for elaborating! There is no standard for storing anchor information in FLAC as far as I know. It would be possible to store the information in a separate file, but I'm not too keen on that idea as it would be a solution that's proprietary to Acoustica. It would be possible to store audio compressed with FLAC as a .wav-file (using the WAVE_FORMAT_FLAC format specifier), although not possible in Acoustica at the time being. If the goal is to save disk space only, this would probably be the best solution.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”