Toybox Tangle Pack Released

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to see the modulation depth value (of the slider next to a parameter) for the A and B buses?

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:12 pm A few people have asked us to put all the cheatsheets and videos currently available for the Tangle Pack in a single location.
Thanks for that, very much appreciated.

So far I’ve been ignoring the Polyphonic Blocks for the most part because they’re so CPU heavy. But I didn’t fully realize that every voice can have its own LFO speed, envelope and fx values, fine tuning, FM ratio (!!) and so on. And of course you can mix polyphonic envelopes and LFOs together and modulate the filter cutoff or whatnot for each voice separately in a wild way.

This is quite brilliant, and you don’t even need that many blocks to create highly expressive patches. Please keep these cheat sheets coming, they’re making me rediscover your packs :tu:

Genetic_Junk wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:33 pm Is there a way to see the modulation depth value (of the slider next to a parameter) for the A and B buses?
I don't think so. That might jam up the interface a bit much?

If you want to be able to specify exact values you could set your target modulation to maximum and use a VCA or multiplier (same thing) to route your mod source through, the value of which you can read on the VCA or multiplier value.

nanostream wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:27 am
CinningBao wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:28 pm I made a couple of videos showing how to get from simple starting sounds to interesting, complex ear-candy.
And occasionally breaking the sound with FM.

All in 30 seconds

It's kind of fun so I might do more.
Love your sound design snippets :clap: If anything, it reminded me how powerful the Mini Oscillator from the free pack is.
Thanks! And that's one of the most basic oscillators we have.. it's deeper than most oscillators.

CinningBao wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:34 pm
Genetic_Junk wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:33 pm Is there a way to see the modulation depth value (of the slider next to a parameter) for the A and B buses?
I don't think so. That might jam up the interface a bit much?

If you want to be able to specify exact values you could set your target modulation to maximum and use a VCA or multiplier (same thing) to route your mod source through, the value of which you can read on the VCA or multiplier value.
Thanks for the suggestion. My overall goal was to set the modulation depths of multiple parameters to the same value. I ended up using a single midi controller to control multiple modulation depths, which worked but I like your solution better.

By the way, I enjoyed your video on the analog vocoder.

New cheatsheet, this one is for the Mod Pad block -->

David@TOYBOX wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:58 pm New cheatsheet, this one is for the Mod Pad block -->

any chance for a single PDF with all the cheat sheets?

dayjob wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm any chance for a single PDF with all the cheat sheets?
Yeah, that's a great idea! For now the Tangle Pack page on the website has a list with all the currently available cheatsheets (more coming soon!), just scroll down a bit to find the list -->

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/tangle-pack

We just released a FREE sound set for the Toybox Tangle pack: Tangle Drums

The set includes 5 drum sounds: Kick, Snare, Clap, Tom Tom and Hat. Each rack defaults to displaying a Play Panel (a simplified editing panel with 8 sliders, shown below. Use the menu item ‘Show Panelsets’ in the ‘View’ menu to switch between displaying the Play Panel and displaying all the blocks in the rack for editing).

Download the sound set for FREE from the Toybox Sound Store.

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/sound-store

Here is a quick video demonstrating the sounds in the Tangle Drums soundset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1CpmUzpDU

Return to “Modular Synthesis”