random seed

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we have the option like in pure data to send a seed to a random object
In pure data sending " seed + nr " will repeat the last random value
I don't know what I am doing wrong but the data repeat middle inlet does not receive the values from the round object
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hmm now it does .
I'll try to make a random seed but it's more difficult as expected since the data repeat only repeats the last received value . In order to get a seed we need to repeat a group of values .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Short answer: yes, random seeds are definitely coming. A few other people have requested such as thing, emphasising how important such a feature would be. The only caveats are:
- the seed will be per graph: if your patch has multiple graph, you'll need to seed each in turn. (The reason for this is that when you have multiple graphs, they run concurrently. If the seeds weren't local, then the effect would change depending on how the CPU schedules each graph.)
- I need to confirm that the seed will have the same effect, regardless of platform. As far as I can tell, they do, but I've been informed that the C++ random distributions guarantee such a behaviour.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”