The organization of chromatic pieces of music.

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

“Flaws are essential. Perfection is banal”
Absolutely.
For me and what I do, there is such a thing as too messy, but I learned more or less where the line is; where I’ve corrected the life out of the thing. I have real obvious mistakes in like a guitar solo that are probably a more compelling phrase than a better job will have been.

I’ve heard that dog vid many times over the years. Listen to it closely, its dynamics and pacing… the rhythm…
& a couple of the clusters are just ace. It makes me question reality. :D

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:16 am I’ve heard that dog vid many times over the years. Listen to it closely, its dynamics and pacing… the rhythm…
& a couple of the clusters are just ace. It makes me question reality. :D
in the voice of William F Buckley Jr.
Were it not for the definitive version by Rover at the Barklee Performance Center in 1992, I would say this is the best interpretation extant. Note the delicate juxtaposition of the overall vocal sonorities (dare I say microtonal?) with the nuanced, noble savagery of the piano. The punctuated silences. No Cages here! knowing chuckle They gave me ̶p̶a̶w̶s̶ pause to contemplate my preconceptions about the Neo-Poodillian school, often seen as over-groomed and over-pampered. Perhaps there is, yet, some hugoWolf in amongst the canine consort of Fluffy's ancestors.
schuola poodillum.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:08 am *where I’ve corrected the life out of the thing.# I have real obvious mistakes in like a guitar solo that are probably a more compelling phrase than a better job will have been.
* really tough lesson for me as well
# the happy accident for the happy wanderer. like leaving a footprint. you were here hear.

Return to “Music Theory”