ios midi arpeggiator

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, can you experts point me to a "midi processor unit" with which I can play a repeated chord or a note just by pressing the chord or the note on the keyboard until I release it? I need it for the iPad and I've already tried Arpist, Arpbud 2, StepPolyArp... but one way or another none of them work for me. Maybe what I'm looking for isn't even an arpeggiator, any help is welcome.

francoran wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:47 pm Hi everyone, can you experts point me to a "midi processor unit" with which I can play a repeated chord or a note just by pressing the chord or the note on the keyboard until I release it? I need it for the iPad and I've already tried Arpist, Arpbud 2, StepPolyArp... but one way or another none of them work for me. Maybe what I'm looking for isn't even an arpeggiator, any help is welcome.
Sounds more like a sequencer thing. :tu:

I actually think the arpeggiator is basically a sequencer, isn't it? I mean a sequencer with momentary or toggle mode that plays a previously programmed pattern. In my case, as you can see, I need a very simple one, which one do you recommend?

An arpeggiator typically uses a note or a chord or a sequence of notes or chords and adds another layer of notes following a sequence of mathematical readymade patterns you choose. Besides choosing an arp pattern you can decide where the first note starts and last note (in the pattern) ends, speed and control the mix of the two layers.
Advanced arps can do more like skip steps in the arp pattern.
A sequencer don't add another layer of notes. It only manipulate the notes supplied by you and thus it's important to know if you're going to use chords, because not every sequencer can work with several notes at the same time.
Personally i prefer sequencers. I think they do more predictable results.

Thanks Saffran, I started looking for an ios sequencer but there are so many that I got lost: Sequencer Rack 1, Steps Midi Sequencer, Atom, Autony, Riffer, Modstep... is there a simple one that also works with chords?

... anyone?

Got it, Synthmaster One seems to fit my needs not just as a sequencer, it's actually a great synth!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”