AXIOM - Fully Bypass & Mute option while app is open

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to be able to leave the stand-alone app open, but toggle off everything to save CPU, AND mute the app.

If I toggle off the main power button (upper left) all processing seems to bypass, but the app still passes audio, which can cause a light hum to be audible. I have to unplug my guitar between uses, so the usual workaround of turning the guitar volume down won't help me here.

Also, the CPU uses drops to about half, but I'd like it to drop even further. However the CPU use would be acceptable if I can find a way to also MUTE the app when the power "switch" is toggled off.

I tried inserting a module into a plugin slot to lower the gain, but of course that is all disabled, including the input & outout levels. So I just can't find a way to actually mute the stand-alone app.

Can we get a preference or some way to mute the app when the power switch is toggled off?

The only way to completely stop the app and use no CPU at all is to stop the audio engine. You can do that by selecting no audio interface in the audio/midi preferences. Otherwise you can insert a "mute" built-in plug-in to fully mute the audio signal, but this will not save much CPU as you will have to keep the app running (no bypass).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”