Tone Design

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've heard more amazing demos done with Shreddage Guitars than I can count. The tones people are able to get are amazing. What I can't find are any good tutorials or anyone sharing how they are getting these tones from Shreddage.

I'm currently using Rogue and Serpent on the 3.5 engine. And everything I create sounds like total shit. Its extremely harsh, or, when I turn down gain knobs, extremely weak. I've tried, Amplitube, the console in Shreddage itself, STL Amp Hub, Tone Hub, Libra, on and on. All my tones are absolute trash. Even the presets in the software examples I gave sound awful. Super scratchy, it even sounds like notes get skipped and the tempo is off.

To be clear, I know this is something I'm doing wrong, its not Shreddage, which is why I pointed out that I've heard tons of demos of people making incredible music with the Shreddage library. I'm convinced its the best VST guitar out there. But for some reason, everything I do with it just sucks. Does anyone have a good tutorial or some example set ups? Is it possible its my hardware, like my audio interface?

Thanks.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”