Baby Audio Transit - Ultimate Transition Designer in collabration w/ Andrew Huang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stutter Edit 2 seems to offer similar capabilities? Can anyone who have tried both chime in?

I have the first version of Stutter Edit, I bought for a stupidly cheap price (or maybe it was a giveaway with every purchase at a famous online store, I don’t remember).

Stutter Edit focuses on repetition/stutter/glitch effects (buffer manipulation), which seems to be completely omitted in Transition Master. Also, Stutter Edit offers a lot when it comes to modulation of parameters, while Transition Master is missing on this side, which is both a curse and a good thing, because you can spend a lot of time working on those modulations.
Stutter Edit doesn’t have the oscillator and white noise modules, which are included in Transition Master. It’s not a deal breaker for me, as I would just use a synth whenever I need one to add a sweep/riser sound, but it’s a nice addition. I don’t know if I’m missing any other effect (maybe?).

I rarely use Stutter Edit (I’m not a fan of stuttering/buffer manipulation fxs), but I find it a “complex plugin”. Transition Master looks simple and easier to use, it’s just a macro knob over a bunch of virtual stompboxes (it’s the same concept of the ribbon in Eventide H9 plugins / expression pedal on H9 hardware, just applied across a whole chain of effects).

I think both will probably do the job when making transitions fxs, the deciding factors between the two are a) if you want to perform those stutter/glitch fx and b) if you want all that deep automatic parameter modulation included in Stutter Edit.

I’d probably prefer using something like Transition Master (which I have to demo yet) whenever possible: while I can handle complex tools, I prefer something simple enough to have everything shown on the user interface, without having to go through tabs / pages and the likes.

My 2 cents of course (and I’m not an expert of this kind of plugins, I usually prefer simpler things / individual effects).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

BriocheBaps wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:30 am
eerie_audio wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:25 pm I've always wondered why they named their company Baby Audio, now it makes sense. They turn a lot of haters into babies that seem to cry over a plug-in they have no use for.
Says the guy calling people haters and babies...
Now it makes sense, you've lost your sense of humor. That was obviously a sarcastic joke, that flew right over your head. Lighten up, it's only a plug-in you have no interest in, maybe focus on something you do?

I find Huang one of the less annoying music Youtubers. I initially wrote him off as your typical click bait "don't make an EDM song without these three tricks" type of stuff.

There's a bit of that but he has obvious musical talent and knowledge and is very good at showing how techniques can be implemented in songs.

I also think that he probably is better positioned than most to know which way the wind is blowing in terms of what producers and musicians are looking for.

Baby Audio's UIs and Ux on their last few plugins are some of the best in the business. I love BA-1 and Crystalline. I use them quite a bit so I bought this one and it's very much in the same world as those aforementioned plugins.

Simple to use, sound really good but also has real depth.

eerie_audio wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:40 pm
BriocheBaps wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:30 am
eerie_audio wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:25 pm I've always wondered why they named their company Baby Audio, now it makes sense. They turn a lot of haters into babies that seem to cry over a plug-in they have no use for.
Says the guy calling people haters and babies...
Now it makes sense, you've lost your sense of humor. That was obviously a sarcastic joke, that flew right over your head. Lighten up, it's only a plug-in you have no interest in, maybe focus on something you do?
Ah, the old "can't you take a joke" defence, the last resort of people who can't take being called out on what they say or do.
Intel 12700H, 16gb 3700Mhz DDR4 RAM, 1TB Crucial PCIe4 NVME, Hiby FC3 DAC/AMP, Windows 11 22H2. DAW nomad.

I can no longer tell for whom I'm supposed to root.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

anra wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:24 pm Stutter Edit 2 seems to offer similar capabilities? Can anyone who have tried both chime in?
LookS pretty cool... very versatile and clean GUI that I like.

Wish one of the modules were a beat repeat..Looper or such.

I guess the delay can do something similar?

...I use Izotope Stutter Edit.. which is very competent but more difficult to set up.

.... quite a bit of overlap between the two.

...forward thinking plug-in anyway, will check out🫡

eerie_audio wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:26 pm video
So much fuzz about a simple plugin ... it's a YT influencer's dream! :roll:

elassi wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:48 pm So much fuzz about a simple plugin ... it's a YT influencer's dream! :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCt5puvhQXc

xbitz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:40 pm ((btw. Infiltrator just has been added to Splice in rent-to-own construction https://splice.com/plugins/39137104-inf ... s-machines ))
Are the two that comparable? I like the simplicity though.

gondii wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:44 pm
bmanic wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:09 am But is it a single point and click? I've never used Bitwig so I have absolutely no idea how it works.
Actually, pretty much, yes. I was just demoing Transit and compared workflows. Bitwig recently introduced native track and project modulators and with them it basically works out of the box. It can be as easy as a single click to modulate any parameter of any (third party) plugin (in the entire project if needed) with the added bonus of vastly deeper modulation options. Cool plugin, but I don't think it makes sense for a Bitwig user, unless you'd want these specific fx and presets.
That does sound really cool indeed! So you can assign a basic crossfader/knob to any other VST parameters at ease and then save the whole setup and easily recall the thing for some other tracks?

I mean, you can sort of do this in Ableton Live also but for some reason it's a bit tedious and not as smooth as one would hope.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:46 am
gondii wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:44 pm
bmanic wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:09 am But is it a single point and click? I've never used Bitwig so I have absolutely no idea how it works.
Actually, pretty much, yes. I was just demoing Transit and compared workflows. Bitwig recently introduced native track and project modulators and with them it basically works out of the box. It can be as easy as a single click to modulate any parameter of any (third party) plugin (in the entire project if needed) with the added bonus of vastly deeper modulation options. Cool plugin, but I don't think it makes sense for a Bitwig user, unless you'd want these specific fx and presets.
That does sound really cool indeed! So you can assign a basic crossfader/knob to any other VST parameters at ease and then save the whole setup and easily recall the thing for some other tracks?

I mean, you can sort of do this in Ableton Live also but for some reason it's a bit tedious and not as smooth as one would hope.
Yes! Although for me the first time I successfully pulled this off it took me a couple of hours to figure it out to work flawlessly. But then - once the proof of concept was in my head - it's very quick and so cool. Which saves me some money here, because I've already gone through my reverbs etc to see which ones can tolerate automation without artifacts (Hint, not AA Silver).

bmanic wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:46 am So you can assign a basic crossfader/knob to any other VST parameters at ease and then save the whole setup and easily recall the thing for some other tracks?
Yeah, using an fx layer. Would look like this.

It's a nice plugin if you want to start doing things instantly without messing with complicated DAW setups.

FL users can create the same one knob concept in the Patcher's control surface and save it as a preset.

Return to “Effects”