Hornet TotalEQ unusable for me

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having big trouble with this plugin. It introduces harsh digital noise (sounds like rapid-fire, low intensity clicks) which may not be apparent with harmonically rich tracks but stands out with simpler sounds.

I can provide files if necessary.

I have submitted a support ticket in Italian on the HoRNet website. Apparently, anyway, the glitch is related to the EQ LOUD feature. My hunch is that the integration time is too short and should be made longer and/or the volume compensation should be smoothed, since the glitch sounds a lot like zipper noise.

I’m having issues with VHS on PC. The full interface won’t show up.running latest version. Works perfectly on m1 MacBook Pro.

VHS??

ampetrosillo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:47 pm I have submitted a support ticket in Italian on the HoRNet website. Apparently, anyway, the glitch is related to the EQ LOUD feature. My hunch is that the integration time is too short and should be made longer and/or the volume compensation should be smoothed, since the glitch sounds a lot like zipper noise.
Hi as Maso replied you the feature is meant for monitoring and not to be kept on. It uses the LUFS momentary reading so it has a 400ms integration time, it works fine if the EQ is the first plugin or does not have any time varying plugin preceding it. if you put after a compressor or on the master bus (or use dynamic filters inside the EQ) it'll probably try to find the loudness change thus introducing those gain changes.

Saverio

Scotty wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:03 pm I’m having issues with VHS on PC. The full interface won’t show up.running latest version. Works perfectly on m1 MacBook Pro.
Please don't change the topic of the thread :) if you need assistance with VHS please open. anew thread or a support ticket on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:34 am
Scotty wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:03 pm I’m having issues with VHS on PC. The full interface won’t show up.running latest version. Works perfectly on m1 MacBook Pro.
Please don't change the topic of the thread :) if you need assistance with VHS please open. anew thread or a support ticket on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Saverio
Did you plain to add threeshold and release on each eq point ?
**dark music for dark lovers**

gelly-vapor wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:14 pm

Saverio
Do you mean for the dynamic EQs? Yes it's a planned feature for TotalEQ MK2, not this version though as it would require a significant rewrite of the dynamic filtering algorithm (especially for the threshold) and also a deeper redesign of the interface to accomodate for those parameters.

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:11 pm
gelly-vapor wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:14 pm

Saverio
Do you mean for the dynamic EQs? Yes it's a planned feature for TotalEQ MK2, not this version though as it would require a significant rewrite of the dynamic filtering algorithm (especially for the threshold) and also a deeper redesign of the interface to accomodate for those parameters.

Saverio
Gimme gimme gimme 😍
**dark music for dark lovers**

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”