Analog Synth doesn't come through to the master in FL Studio.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use MIDI out to play the synth.
Can't link it to a mixer channel.
And is only audible on the left channel/monitor.

Anybody who knows how to get the signal in stereo to the master?

:phones:

Some essential bits of information for troubleshooting are missing...
Proddy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:21 am I use MIDI out to play the synth.
What exactly is "the" synth? Only thing we know now is that it's analog...
Probably not virtual analog (i.e. a VST plugin) but actual hardware, since you said it's played via midi.
Proddy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:21 am only audible on the left channel/monitor.
Anybody who knows how to get the signal in stereo to the master?
Things to check:
  • does the synth even have stereo outputs?
  • is it connected in full stereo, or using only one (mono) output?
  • is the connection on the computer mono or stereo?
In other words: how is its audio out routed back into the computer? What type of cable do you use? Into what socket? Of an audio interface, or perhaps into the Mic Input of a laptop? (which does kinda work, but mono)

Questions... With some answers we might get a bit further.
Last edited by BertKoor on Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

It's a Behringer Wasp Deluxe, hardware. Connected by TRS to the mic input in my audio interface and also by USB to my computer.

Mic inputs are mono. But the good news: the Wasp is mono as well ;-)
There are two outputs at the back, but their only difference is the level (hence the labels low / high)

So now that's sorted out, review how you've got this all set up in FL Studio. If you can make the track "mono", you'll hear it in double-mono (same audio on both channels) but I know nothing about FL-Studio so let's hope someone else chimes in.
Or rtfm: https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-le ... _audio.htm
Q: Why do my recordings come from one speaker?
A: FL Studio records a stereo input, since all Mixer tracks are stereo. You are probably feeding your audio-interface a signal that only appears on the left or right channel of a stereo input.
Solution: The Mixer INPUT menu has an upper stereo list and lower mono list. Select your input from the lower, mono INPUT list. This will copy the active channel into the silent stereo channel so audio comes from both speakers.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

FL Studio can select mono inputs, but does not have mono mixer channels. If you select a stereo input for a mono source, you will only hear it on one of the two stereo channels. So select a mono input in the mixer corresponding to the mono mic in. Or even better, connect your line level source to a line in, not the mic in.

I see, I think that did the job, thanks guys!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”