Yellow warning triangles on every track (in Waveform Free), despite plugins existing for each track.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using Waveform Free for years without much of a problem. Usually the worst that happens is that yellow warning triangles appear on every track when too much computer processing is used, but I can typically solve the problem by resetting Waveform. However this happened to me the other day, and now the triangles remain on every track of every song, even after resetting. The plugins all appear to be connected so that doesn't seem to be the problem. My only guess is that it has something to do with the fact that I recently got a new laptop and transferred my hard drive to it.

Any idea what's going on? Thanks in advance.

If you mouse over the triangle it should give you a message describing the problem. Without that, it's very difficult to know anything.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

My bad, I forgot to include it. It says, "This track contains MIDI-generating clips which may be inaudible as it doesn't output to a MIDI device or a plugin synthesizer. To change a track's destination, select the track and change its destination list." This error message came up suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, and again, these tracks appear to be linked to plugins. I also haven't been able to find anything about a destination list.

Another important detail left out: is it making sound? The error message says that there will be no sound because of a problem, but is there? Is the error message right or is the error message wrong?

Destination might be the output selector at the far right of the track, the little speaker icon.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

A screen shot would help, but I have witnessed this weirdness with 12.1. Quitting and restarting Waveform cleared up the yellow triangles.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

It's not making sound at all, and it doesn't run when I click the play button.

I don't know how to upload a screenshot here but basically all the yellow triangles appear to the left of each track, between the track name and the track itself. I've been able to quit and restart to get rid of the triangles before, but this seems different.

Have you checked settings->audio devices. Are the setting OK, do you get a sound when you press 'Test'. Try resetting device.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

That solved the problem! Recently I had attached speakers to my laptop and unplugged them, so that must have messed with the settings. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Tracktion”