Decent free drum replacement sampler

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, the last time I posted something here was 2010 and I'm glad to be back!
after 13 years and 2 kids, I started again with recording, mixing (and playing my instrument). :love:

I decided to put together a new DAW and spent days reading this forum in the last weeks.

MANY TKS to ALL YOU guys for your HELP! :love:

Now.. I'm facing SEVERE issues finding a free sample replacement tool for Mac (AU, I'm using UAD LUNA).

I have currently SampleSwap but latency literally kills. I have the Slate Trigger 2 free, but to be honest I have MY samples (recorded in a decade of studio recording) and I just want to be able to use mine.

Please help me :)
many tks guys I'm happy I'm back.
A casa mia si diceva: "sbagli una volta perdi due denti." - Tony Soprano

Welcome back then :)

I'm not aware of decent free drum replacement plugins. I use apTrigga3 from Apulsoft and DrumXChanger from SPL/Plugin Alliance. Both have demos and the latter can be very cheap when on sale.

If you're happy with extracting MIDI from audio, then you've got a bunch more possibilities.
I did this quite a bit in the past: extract MIDI from e.g. the kick track, put a drum sampler with your samples on the resulting MIDI track and it's done. For this purpose I would use Speedrum Lite (free) or Groove Agent SE (free with my DAW but yours will likely have one, too).

Amon1973 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:02 pm Welcome back then :)

I'm not aware of decent free drum replacement plugins. I use apTrigga3 from Apulsoft and DrumXChanger from SPL/Plugin Alliance. Both have demos and the latter can be very cheap when on sale.

If you're happy with extracting MIDI from audio, then you've got a bunch more possibilities.
I did this quite a bit in the past: extract MIDI from e.g. the kick track, put a drum sampler with your samples on the resulting MIDI track and it's done. For this purpose I would use Speedrum Lite (free) or Groove Agent SE (free with my DAW but yours will likely have one, too).
Hello, thank you very much for the warm welcome message.
I must say, it's quite surprising that a seemingly simple plugin is challenging to find for free.
There are tons of free simulations of historical compressors and super over-complicated neural reverb, but I can't add a CLAP sound on top of a snare hit! LMAO.
Back in the days when I worked with ProTools 8, I used Drumagog.

any other ideas or turnaround?

I create a midi track from the audio in Cubase and then choose any drum plugin I have for the new sound. Check your DAW and see if it does that as well.

DMG68 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:17 pm I create a midi track from the audio in Cubase and then choose any drum plugin I have for the new sound. Check your DAW and see if it does that as well.
Many tks for your reply!
I'm trying to understand if I can do it in LUNA.
Also, I never converted an audio to a MIDI file.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”