Shreddage Sample Volumes and Inconsistent Response

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a couple problems lately. I'm using Serpent at the moment.

1. Articulations aren't coming through at the same volume. I've never noticed this before so its a new problem. But powerchord sustains come in much more quiet than palm mutes. Chokes seem to be the loudest. I have all their volumes in TACT set to -4db. I even tried maxing the powerchord sustains volume and they still come in quiet. This happens even when I'm just listening to the dry DI signal with no processing. Is there are a reason for this or some potential cause anyone can think of?

2. Palm mutes are sometimes coming through choppy. Like they aren't on time and randomly late or early. This seems to change depending what kind of setting I have on the track using AmbHub, or some other amp sim. Responsiveness on the main tab is turned all the way down. Up/Down offsets on the advanced page are at zero. Extra attack is at zero. Attack in the ASDR envelope is at zero. Notes are directly on the grid.

Has anyone else encountered these issues and found a solution?

Thanks.

Just to double check, are you fully updated on Pulse?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Oddly enough, my products show as "uninstalled" in Pulse. But I'm def using the 3.5 engine.

Please point Pulse to the folder where you currently have your Shreddage install (or installs, in case of multiple guitars), and then reinstall to make sure you're updated to latest.

I'm having a problem with the volume of Stratus 3 Free. If I turn the volume down to avoid clipping, it turns itself back up a few seconds later. Happens whether I use the volume control on K7, the graphical guitar volume knob on the interface, or the control panel mixer slider.

Your host is probably sending MIDI CC #7 on transport start, or something like that. You can either disable that option in your host (most likely), or you can click the wrench in Stratus 3 Free, go to Instrument Options > Controllers, and disable responding to CC 7/10 there. Save the NKI for good measure.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:53 am Please point Pulse to the folder where you currently have your Shreddage install (or installs, in case of multiple guitars), and then reinstall to make sure you're updated to latest.
I've fixed all this. Everything is up to date. The libraries are pointed to proper locations. But the problem is still there. PC Sustains are much quieter than the rest. Choke seems to be excessively loud.

Feel free to adjust the articulation volumes on Articulations tab to taste...

Yes I did try that. Even with the different samples at extremes, the balance is way off. PC sustains come in very quiet in comparison.

OK so I've just loaded Serpent the very latest update and I hear no severe volume discrepancies between different articulations...

Would a save file help?

Do you have picking mode on alternative? that could be the issue

Return to “Impact Soundworks”