[SHREDDAGE 3] How Do I Add Vibrato, Slides and Bends?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Shreddage 3 Hydra. I am trying to execute a slide between a C2 to an C3. As required, the notes are overlapping, the C0 to trigger sliding is placed as to start before the 2nd note and continues through it. So far, no cigar. The 2 notes trigger independently in a regular non-legato way.
slide bug.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Note velocity matters. Check the TACT tab and how slide articulation is mapped.

Fixed it. It was quite silly: in the TACT controls, the checkbox next to Slide was checked off, so it wasn't firing

zircon wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:15 pm More specifically, by default, the portamento keyswitch must be held DURING the note overlap. Also you need to make sure the start and end notes are both sustains (by default that means, >= 55 velocity.) I can guarantee this works, we use it all over our demos.
Hate do dig up such an old topic, but I cannot for the life of me get this to work. How I have it set up:

Power Chord Sustain (D-1)
Legato (Power Chord Slide) (B-1)
An F3 and D3 note, with F3 overlapping the start of D3
A B1 "note", overlapping the end of F3 and beginning of D3

Everything I can find online says this should work, but I can demonstrate very clearly how it does not. There is no portamento of any kind, just standard chord changes. Weirdly, there are instances where an apparent slide exists between two 1-step chord changes, whether or not B1 is pressed.

I'm sure there's some simple, obvious thing my dumb ass is missing here. Any ideas?

EDIT: Have also tried making the power chord slide latched and not latched, have tweaked every knob in Sound from max to nil, even got desperate enough to try Vol -> Speed and completely bottoming out the entire slide speed line to the right of it.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”