looping for samplers (creating multisamples)

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi acon team,

so i'm a sounddesigner/preset designer. and although i know acoustica, it slipped under my radar, that it is available as an ara plugin - which is what i found out at a friends studio. so i had the chance to play around with it for a few minutes in studio one and of course i went to check out the looping function for the creation of multisamples.
too sad i found out that the preview button - which is existing in the standalone version - is missing in the ara plugin. which of course makes the looping feature kinda unusable in the plugin because only the preview button allows for actually previewing the loop/crossfade in cycled fashion.
so - if this would be fixed in a future version, i'd gladly buy acoustica in a snap, as then this would be a huge timesaver for me.

while we're at it, please let me be so bold and address some wishes in terms of creating looped multisamples for samplers:
i would really love to see the possibility to see the loop points as well as the crossfade curve in the waveform window. actually i find that there's no need for an additional window for the loop editor - i would love to edit the loop points and the crossfades directly on the waveform. also - though i love the equal power crossfade, i would love this curve to be shown over the waveform, as well as being able to edit the curve via mouse drag (up max = equal power crossfade, successively dragging lower the curve is - well - that).
i just think that there should be just a button up in the main bar that is called sampler loop. as soon as one clicks on it, the whole waveform view switches in sample loop mode and one creates the sampler loops and crossfades right in the waveform view, which allows for much mor precise looping and editing in general.

but for now, if you really just fix the missing preview button in the loop editor in the ara plugin, i'd just buy acoustica right away just for that alone.

so yeah... thought i'd let you know. thanks in advance for reading my nagging.
what do you guys think? is there a chance?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I second the request above. I would also like to see auto-loop functionality. I find this is an area lacking in most audio editing software. (If it's already there and I missed it, please let me know.)

Thanks for this feedback! The reason for leaving out the preview button was technical, since the audio routing is very different when using ARA2. We'll see of it technically feasible to find a solution, and we try to find a solution ASAP. Unfortunately, we probably won't manage to get this into the upcoming version 7.5, but we do realize the importance of the preview function also in the ARA2 plug-in.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:58 am Thanks for this feedback! The reason for leaving out the preview button was technical, since the audio routing is very different when using ARA2. We'll see of it technically feasible to find a solution, and we try to find a solution ASAP. Unfortunately, we probably won't manage to get this into the upcoming version 7.5, but we do realize the importance of the preview function also in the ARA2 plug-in.

Best,
Stian
Hi Stian,
thanks for getting back to me. Great to hear you're working on this. ❤️
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

stian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:58 am Thanks for this feedback! The reason for leaving out the preview button was technical, since the audio routing is very different when using ARA2. We'll see of it technically feasible to find a solution, and we try to find a solution ASAP. Unfortunately, we probably won't manage to get this into the upcoming version 7.5, but we do realize the importance of the preview function also in the ARA2 plug-in.

Best,
Stian
hi stian, just wanted to kindly ask if the issue is fixed?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

hi stian - any news on this issue?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

stian - any news on this?
regards,
brok landers