AME palm mutes are out of tune

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

The tuning on AME palm mutes is preventing me from using and enjoying the instrument. Here is an example of AME 3.7 right out of the box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4VqDQOHGo

This video demonstrates the problem on the open high D string, but this sort of problem exists at many other places on the guitar as well.

Could you please fix this? The tuning sounded correct in AME 2.5.5. I have the tuning file from AME 2.5.5 from an older installation on my previous computer, but the file will not load in AME 3.

DrMEM wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:57 pm Hi,

The tuning on AME palm mutes is preventing me from using and enjoying the instrument. Here is an example of AME 3.7 right out of the box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4VqDQOHGo

This video demonstrates the problem on the open high D string, but this sort of problem exists at many other places on the guitar as well.

Could you please fix this? The tuning sounded correct in AME 2.5.5. I have the tuning file from AME 2.5.5 from an older installation on my previous computer, but the file will not load in AME 3.
Have you updated the AME library?

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I've updated the library.

Did you watch my video? The problem appears to be in the tuning file, not in the sample library itself.

Let me elaborate on my situation a little more.
-I purchased AME when it was in version 2.
-I installed AME 2 on what is now my previous computer. It worked and sounded good.
-I got a new computer a couple of months ago.
-I don't have the AME 2 installers anymore, so I downloaded the latest version of AME from the "My Installers" tab at amplesound.net. Specifically, I downloaded the Plugin Installer (for AME 3.7) and the Library Installer. I installed them on my new computer.
-What you hear in the video is what AME 3.7 sounds like on my new computer.
-I just re-downloaded and re-installed both the plugin installer and the library installer. It still sounds the same.

Here are some ways you could remedy the situation:
-Update the tuning file shipped with AME 3 to sound better
or
-Provide me with an .AMEBg file (for AME 3) that contains the tunings from AME 2.5.5. <---- Preferred solution
or
-Provide me with an AME 2 installer.

@DrMEM to show them better maybe you use a tuner vst which show frequency in video. In my AME D 4 mutes and sustain are same, but all are -15 cent too low. d#4 and higher is correct. depend on the tune freq you can tune it better
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Ample Sound”