Scan/show dependant associations like wrappers and Registry?

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This feels like a great endeavor.
I can't completely see everything in the YouTube videos, and I know the registry is very scary for some... But I'm wondering if it has or if it could be implemented to show the associated registry strings when highlighting a plugin (or its suspected duplicate.) this would help in knowing right off which is the real one. Or if we want to edit the registry for where we want (not done from inside KSM though.)

One other thing, having two people in the same house and both using one of our machines. Does KSM have a problem with which one is on even with the machine ID?
(This is more theoretical since my spouse doesn't do any of the update and probably uses her personal phone if she does log on.) Actually don't think she has since the last charity auction, but she sometimes gives me clues that she's been reading here.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

We don't touch the registry afaik and I don't think that is an area we'd want to mess with. We only look at default plugin folders for CLAP, AU and VST3.

The DeviceID and DeviceName is ONLY used to create different groups per computer, per account. If you log in with different KVR username, it should have no bearing whether it is the same machine you're using as it would be unique to the account you sign in with.

I didn't think it would or should touch the registry. Just seeing its association to the files would be helpful though. Especially when you have duplicates but are unsure n which one needs to be deleted.

And thank you for the clarification on users/machines.

Bringing this up again after reading about VST2 concerns on another thread. What would be nice is if KSM had a pane that showed, not edit from there, but just showed the other entries associated and/or dependant on a file when highlighted. This would also help with those pluggins that install other folders with names that are not the same. Is that possible?

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”