Waveform 12 free cannot stretch imported audio

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have Waveform 11 free and also the latest 12 version installed on my Windows 10 pc. In the 11 version, I can stretch a wave clip (for ex. a drum loop) to adapt it to my bpm, by holding alt key while resizing the clip. This works both for audios recorded internally,and for imported clips.

Strangely enough, in the 12 version this does not work for imported waves (ex. from bandlab or splice) but it works for internal audios.

Anyone has the same problem? Is this a feature they disabled from version 11 to 12 free?

I have 12 PRO and it does. There is a option in settings->general->editing 'Detect tempo of imported audio files' which I typically keep unchecked. If I import a loop alt drag will work. Dunno about FREE but I can't imagine it works any differently.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Step 0: Open the Control Panel at the bottom
Step 1: Select the audio clip
Step 2: Switch to the Loop Properties tab in the Control Panel
Step 3: De-select Auto-Tempo

What changed in version 12 is Waveform will now automatically detect the tempo of imported audio clips. Use the advice above from operandx to stop it from doing that automatically. Use the method that I describe to change an individual audio clip.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Thank you two, works like a charm for both the individual audio clip and the general setting!

operandx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:02 pm I have 12 PRO and it does. There is a option in settings->general->editing 'Detect tempo of imported audio files' which I typically keep unchecked. If I import a loop alt drag will work. Dunno about FREE but I can't imagine it works any differently.
Wow, thank you so much! I came here in desperation because Waveform was stretching all my clips and not doing a good job of it. All I wanted to know is how to turn it off.

Return to “Tracktion”