Architect entering the fifth year of beta

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good to see people are waking up finally… How long will we continue to be led by the nose? Colin, you should really release something now.

I don't know what to say other than I can assure you that I am working as hard as I possibly can on getting these projects done. If I could release them today, I absolutely would. I totally agree that I made the wrong decision in the scope of the update for Architect: hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I could advise me from a few years, I would have drawn a smaller perimeter around a smaller feature set and said: that is v1. But I promise you guys, we will not be in this situation much longer: there is no more feature creep, just polishing up for release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:01 am I don't know what to say other than I can assure you that I am working as hard as I possibly can on getting these projects done. If I could release them today, I absolutely would. I totally agree that I made the wrong decision in the scope of the update for Architect: hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I could advise me from a few years, I would have drawn a smaller perimeter around a smaller feature set and said: that is v1. But I promise you guys, we will not be in this situation much longer: there is no more feature creep, just polishing up for release.
I never questioned your hard work , and I am sureother's didn't either .

Remember Architect formerly know as Epoch ?
Few actually believed it would ever happen ...the thread spanned back for 7 years .
But when architect was released in 2019 , it blew everyone away , so it def. was worth the wait .
It 's just that stuff keeps getting postponned for ever , and people ( including me ) only have a limited amount of patience.
It's fair to say that 5 years is a long time , we all love Architect and your personal involvement on this forum .
Let's celebrate with a 1.0 release :party:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Soman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:36 pm Colin, you should really release something now.
Echoing.
It is simply uncool talk about some development for 3 years and not show anything - it is not about if I believe u or not, but that u simply did not find a few mins to do some vid and screens presentation.
I ve never saw something like that in any developer or patcher. :(
That also may be - next to introduction of RNBO and Plugdata into vst - reason why people stop patching here, they simply may be upset about the situation - one may say even pissed. :x :wink:

Return to “Loomer”