FR: identifying sequence note keys when played via MUX.

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hei,

Open a MuDrum mux. Open the sequence editor. Click on any piano key; it will highlight a drum's pad. If you click on any drum pad, it will not highlight the correspondent piano key. It would be nice if that happened, so it will help me identify which drum is on each key.

A complementary idea would be that when you mouse over a key in the sequence editor, a tooltip with the drum's pad name appears.

In fact before MuLab 9.1 this worked fine: MuDrum pad names appeared at the left side of the sequence editor, instead of the piano keyboard.
But since MuDrum has been converted to a pure MUX in MuLab 9.1, the drum notes indeed don't appear in the sequence editor anymore. Thx for highlighting this. I'm looking into it to find a solution.

Did you already try the MuLab 9.5.18 beta?
Is the Note Key Names Link feature a good solution?
It will make appear the drum pad names at the left side of the sequence editor.

That's neat!

I just made a preset with version MuLab 9.5.17 beta and I'm struggling to convert it. I didn't get the linking part. But that's on me. Thank you for this update!

* Open the modular area for the drum MUX that contains the Drum Note Module. (or drum plugin)
* Click the options button in the title bar of that MUX modular area -> Note Key Names
* In that dialog -> Options and choose the Drum Note Module. (or drum plugin)

That's it. The dialog will say "Linked to X" where X is the name of that module/plugin containing the source Note Key Names.
You will now also see the Note Key Names in the Sequence Editor.

Does that work for you?

Of course it is the intention that this is only to be done once, when creating the modular patch.
The Note Key Names link is part of the patch and is saved with the patch.

I'll update the relevant factory projects, clips and presets so it works out of the box.
But for user presets you might want to make that Note Key Names link so to see the drum names in the sequence editor.

Here is a draft video that demos what i wrote in text:
https://www.mutools.com/mulab/temp/NoteKeyNamesLink.mp4
(you might have to right-click -> open in new tab to see the video)

Oh, it's so easy when you show it! :D

I got it! Thank you a lot!

That's actually pretty cool!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”