Dracus and (palm) mutes.

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I bought the Evolution Dracus because that summer group buy discount was just too good. And overall I'm pretty happy with it.
But, is there any (even remotely) easy way to boost/fix mute & palm mute 2? As they are/work now, they are next to useless. They both sound too same to me and no matter what guitar rig/amplifiers/set I'm using, they don't have that kick/oomph/heaviness in them (tested same setup with Shreddage, random guitar vsts/instruments and even electri6ity, which is on the lighter side of the sound spectrum and they all work/sound fine).

Is it the amount of mutedness that's the issue? We've received a few other comments about the palm mute samples, so we're looking to see what we can do to fix/improve them.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

It seems so weak no matter which muting articulation i use. It sounds more like a light tap on the strings rather than a mute.

I saw a video that layers one palm mute over the other. The one with more attack, then the looser one at a lower volume on another track. You get the attack, and the sustain from the second mute. Give it a try.

Maidenhead wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:18 pm I saw a video that layers one palm mute over the other. The one with more attack, then the looser one at a lower volume on another track. You get the attack, and the sustain from the second mute. Give it a try.
He was layering a nonexistent version of dracus.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”