SideTrack Group Buy Support/Bug Reports Thread

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, the virus checkers seem to love flagging my apps, if there is an option to submit it so it can be whitelisted then please do! It may because it has the debug symbols in it whilst I’m still developing.

Astralp wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:23 am It depends on the mode, some will be fine, but the morph modes require extra material for the xfades etc… if you stick with the Homegrown Complete collections from stage 2 like Homegrown 800 & Timbres etc… they won’t cause any issues, that’s what I used during development. But in the unreleased version, this is now addressed to prevent crashes, hopefully in all situations. I have a few more things to add and it should be released today.

I’ve added a new mode that is designed specifically for drum samples, it layers them using the 8 morph profiles to create new Drum sounds and can make individual samples or chains up to x64. You can of course use any samples with it, but it has drums/percussion in mind with an adjustable size/max size of 10 seconds in length.
Thank you. It seems to work with your stuff but mine aren't short samples.

Sorry though, another issue - I dragged the cassetto folder into the pool, but I can't remove it. Neither the cross nor right click make any difference. Also, when I add another folder to the pool, it only draws on the first folder, so cassetto in this case, to make the morphed files. I can't remove it, I've tried deleting preference files too and no luck, it won't go. It will delete mine though.

Ahhhh yes, it’s on my stuff to fix, it’s because that component is also used for the other side where the output folder needs to be undeletable/fixed in the top position. I need to add a mode that doesn’t do that for the pool. For now, just add a second folder, drag it to the top and then you can delete that one :)

Astralp wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:13 pm Ahhhh yes, it’s on my stuff to fix, it’s because that component is also used for the other side where the output folder needs to be undeletable/fixed in the top position. I need to add a mode that doesn’t do that for the pool. For now, just add a second folder, drag it to the top and then you can delete that one :)
Thanks for replying. Weirdly it needed more than two folders to let me do that.

Lots to do… it will get there.

Having problems with Reaper (v7) using SideTrack (Win10) - crashes Reaper when I'm playing through samples, the included ones or my own. Happens intermittently and can't reproduce it in exactly the same way each time. It'll work great and I'll be stepping through the sample set and after a few minutes selecting a new sample and Reaper will hard crash.

Can happen after 2 minutes or 10 - can't figure a pattern at all.

(First forage into Homegrown (bit of a newbie at all of this) and I'm really impressed. SideTrack is brilliant - Thank you)

Sorry, I’ve had to take some time off, but I’m starting to get back on the track. I have managed to reproduce the Live issue with reopening the GUI after some time, so it it could be related to that.

I’m glad you like it! I’ll do some testing in windows with reaper & see if I can get to the bottom of it.

The Site seems to be down with a database connection error....

When could we expect Audio Morpher V 1.0.0 ?
Thank you

Hi Zen,

I’m very sorry for the pause, I over worked myself and was forced to take a break, but then I’ve also found out that I have a rare form of Leukemia & so have been going through consultations/scans to find out if I need chemo. I hopefully get the results of the scans tomorrow. It’s incurable but can be symptom managed via a week of chemo jabs in the stomach when it gets to a certain stage every now & then from what I understand.

Health wise I’m OK now and want to get back to working, the GB is just on a pause and work will resume, I’ve just had to get focused on what I need to do, explore financial support & mentally get used to the news. This diagnosis isn’t related to the stress, it’s been ongoing since last October when a trend in low blood platelets & high white lymph cells was noticed, and so I’ve been having blood tests each month to monitor it and discover the cause.

I’m really sorry for the delay, I had a heart attack during the last group buy in 2020, so there’s a certain irony to the situation, but this hopefully won’t effect my ability to work.

Dear A,
No apologies, hopefully the scan results come out okay.
I remember you having these health issues 4 years ago.
There is indeed a certain irony to the situation but maybe not a coincidence, stress can do ugly things to the body.
I'm very sorry to hear the news about your current condition and sincerely hope you get the help you need.
I can only wish you to get well and do the things you need to do to get there.
Wishing you much courage and hoping to hear from the progress you're making if you feel like it.
All the best !!!

Thank you! The cancer started in 2022, which was the first time they noticed the blood changes so it’s been with me a while now, thankfully it’s slow and can be tamed via the chemo jabs. Tbh in the world of leukemia, really I got lucky with the one I’ve got it could have been so much worse. But it’s still a reality I have to learn to live with.

Stress wise it was working in the two programs simultaneously which definitely made life harder. Initially I had Audio Morpher at the back after SideTrack was done, but due to the lack of take up I moved it forward. It’s just too complicated working on both together. But Audio Morpher is very close to being finished, so should be OK once I get back on the horse :)

Andy - just slow down.
Everyone here will manage - I'm sure we all agree ;-)
Look after yourself...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Thoughts and prayers are with you for continuing improved health and overall outlook.
Glad your back.
Jim

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”