Recording Bug?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I record something in a loop, the first note is always cut short.
1. Play a sequence.
2. Add a new rack and instrument, plugin, mux, whatever.
3. Press Record and start recording some drum, hi hats, or an instrument.
4. Stop the recording and check the sequence.

Every time I record anything, I get the first note cut short. See attached pic.
It doesn't matter if it's a Drum, Hi Hat, or Pad, meaning no matter how long the note is held at the time of recording it still doesn't register properly.
MuLab - Seq Cut Short.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sl23 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hei sl23!

I came here for the bug, but I'm staying for your theme colour :D Any changes of sharing it?

Haha! Of course...
Not sure if it contains the entire set of colours, but here it is...
Grey - Orange 2.zip
I did change the preference for the difference between Focused/Unfocused Racks.
Let me know if there's anything else... :hug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks a lot, is it for ML9?

Yep M9

Sorry to bump but is it me or is this a bug? It is repeatable every time I record something.

Didn't you like my tumble weed? Was just a joke. ;)
Have a drink on me Jo :)
No hard feelings eh? Sorry for being a pita! :clown:

Is nobody else seeing this?

To repeat this bug, follow these steps with a fresh install...
  • Download M9.4.12 and M9.5.23.
  • Extracted both and updated.
  • Run default demo.
  • Press Play listen for few bars, then press Record.
  • Record new MIDI sequence.
  • Stop and double click new sequence to show it... See below screenshot.
rec bug.PNG
Notice again, the first note is cut off despite that note being played for 1/2 beat, same as the others.

Btw, I first noticed this way back in M4 or M5, but as I was using mostly loops from hardware I thought it was my rubbish timing and ignored it. This was my original reason for requesting Wait Note Record function. How has no one else noticed this? I literally get it every single time I record. As this has been a long standing issue, it's not hardware related as I have had several PC's and many different hardware has been used to record all with the same result.

Would someone please confirm. You should be able to use your current installation, I set up a new fresh install to check it wasn't my installation or user key causing issues.

Thanks to anyone providing assistance :hyper:
Last edited by sl23 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

i'm not shure, i have posted a live recording issue in 2022 and since never used.
viewtopic.php?t=580196

Yeah I just read it, but think there may be some miscommunication, so I attempted to point out what I think you are trying to explain, but I may have it wrong. If I have it right, you're issue is different from the one I've explained above. Not sure why Jo isn't replying?! Think I may be in his bad books? Sorry, I tried to apologise, I'm in a bad place at the moment!
Could you take a look please Jo :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”