Beta v12.5.19

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Discord is ok, but as others have said it’s not really any better than this for keeping up to date with bugs etc.
Surely a GitHub page would make more sense?
That said, thank you FigBug for quashing so many issues recently (and making me reconsider using Waveform as my primary DAW)

There's a Tracktion Discord server that some fans stood up a few years ago... currently... it has very... VERY low traffic... would be nice to see an official channel/server with news and updates...

i.e. today on Dawesome Village (A Discord server for Dawesome plugins/sytnhs)... Peter, a.k.a. Dawesome, was talking to a user and squashing bugs in real time...
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

Wavesequencer did the same for Hyperion. Near real time bug fixes released, based on Discord user reports.

Bug fixes for a plugin are easier than bug fixes for a DAW like Waveform since it's a much more involved piece of software.

But it all comes down to involvement from both the developers and the user base. If both are involved then it doesn't really matter where that involvement takes place.

Bug fixes would not come any faster at Discord than they would here given the same level of involvement. Vital has a Discord forum but the developer has abandoned it so it has become utterly useless for getting support or bug fixes.

What doesn't help anyone is asking developers to be involved at several different sites. That just splits their time and attention.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'll invite you to observe the Dawesome Village page and then observe this sub-forum. Which do you think is more visually coherent and therefore easier to navigate and comprehend?

Dawesome Discord.png

Like I said if Tracktion creates a Discord server I'll give it a try but I don't think it would be a pleasant place to conduct business for me. I would much prefer to participate here.

I'll also invite you to take notice of how many bug fix betas for Waveform that have been released here in just the last few days. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Tracktion”