Loop Recording a Midi Output Not Working

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Setup as follows: Track1 has an audio clip. Loop button enabled and shows the clip will loop. Track 2 has a Midi keyboard as input and necessary plugins to respond to the keyboard. With the input and main Record buttons pressed, I can record the keyboard. When I enable the main Loop button, Track1 will loop as expected. However, Track2 does not create multiple recordings. Instead, subsequent keyboard input is recorded as an overlay onto the one recording. Is this a bug? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

I did find a workaround. Enable Track3 for recording using Track2 as its input. Track2 recording is not enabled. This will result in multiple audio recordings but at the cost of losing the midi output.

No bug. You need to change the way midi input is recorded using the options available. When midi input icon is selected options for input are displayed in the info panel at bottom of the screen (if bottom panel is in expanded state rather then minimised)
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Got it! thank you. I changed the Action selection from "Merge into existing clip" to "overlay new clips". I now get multiple recordings.

Damn I better go lay down...... :oops:
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

----------
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

-----------

Return to “Tracktion”