TX16Wx: MIDI Listen does nothing

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TX16Wx Software Sampler

I wanted to connect the Cutoff knob (of the lowpass filter pane) to a slider on my M-Audio Code 61 keyboard. I right clicked the knob and clicked Listen. Then I moved the hardware slider, but nothing happened - TX16Wx remained in "listening" mode and the slider had no effect.

Any idea?

Btw my host is FL Studio 21.

Maybe I should somehow first tell TX16Wx *which* MIDI device to listen to? FL Studio's MIDI settings lists 4 MIDI input devices.

Btw I'm also using an app called MidiSplit because I'm using 2 MIDI-listening apps at the same time (FL Studio and a little-known webapp in Google Chrome).

A plugin only knows of the MIDI that the host sends/passes through to it. It has no knowledge of which/how many devices actually are active, since this is not visible at plug-in level.
Make sure your device is set as active for the track on which TX is, and make sure MIDI input is active, and passed through. General rule: If you can play notes on it such that TX responds, MIDI listen will work.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks elcallio! I'm able to play notes and TX does respond to them, but it doesn't respond to knob manipulation.

However, your post helped me fix the problem (with a bit of trial and error :) ). So, thanks again!

Here's the exact process for FL Studio (in case someone reads this in the future):

1. FL Studio menu: Options -> MIdi settings -> Check the port assigned to your MIDI input device (0 for me) and remember it
2. In the channel rack, click the TX16Wx plugin to open its window
3. In the TX16Wx window (in its titlebar) click the cogwheel icon to show the "Detailed settings" row
4. In the "Detailed settigns" row, click the "electrical plug + cogwheel" icon to show "VST wrapper settings"
5. In the MIDI section, set the "MIDI input port" to 0 (or whichever number you remembered earlier).

Et voila! :)

I just found an even better way:
1. Rightclick the knob in TX16Wx
2. Select Auto->Param000
3. Use FL Studio's "multilink controller" feature to link the knob to the hardware slider.

I wonder why steps 1 and 2 are needed - would it be possible to just make all TX16Wx knobs be "automated" (aka "automatable") in some future release? :)

No. Because which knobs exist depend on how you structure your loaded programs, and how many, etc etc. Thus there are no fixed knobs to have presented, and hence the assignable automation.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”