Time Stretching

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I have taken an audio from something and copied it into Waveform (waveform 12 free). However, when it imports, it automatically speeds the clip up. When I select "Time Stretching" and enable "No Stretching" it automatically goes to Elastique Pro. What's going on?

Imported audio since 12.5 is set to auto-detect tempo by default. Waveform scans the audio and tries to find the tempo, then after it believes it's found the tempo, it matches the audio clip tempo to the tempo of the Edit.

This can be confusing.

To restore an audio clip to normal, first open the Control Panel at the bottom to "Useful Mode" or select the Actions tab of the Browser. If an audio clip is selected, the Control Panel will have a "Loop Properties" tab that includes a check-box for Auto-Tempo. The same check-box is available in the Actions tab. After it is un-checked you may still need to stretch the audio clip to its proper length using the empty arrow at the top right of the clip.

To stop this from happening again, go to Settings -> General -> Editing and de-select the "Detect tempo of imported audio files" setting.

You can always turn the clip's Auto-Tempo on when you want that to happen. You can also use the tempo settings in the Control Panel to make adjustments if Waveform doesn't scan the tempo correctly. I find that I sometimes need to change the number of beats to get the correct tempo.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Just to clarify the Control Panel modes :)

This is "Not So Useful Mode"
Captura desde 2024-03-27 09-26-09.png
This is "Useful Mode"
Captura desde 2024-03-27 09-27-46.png
This is the toggle button (bottom left) to switch between modes:
Captura desde 2024-03-27 09-28-38.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

What here on the forum is often addressed by the nickname "Useful Mode" is officially called the Properties panel and it is accordingly also referred to it by this name in the GUI layout selector accessible by the "eye" icon placed at the very top right of the app window. At least for me calling it from the GUI selector it right away opens in the expanded view. :wink:
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Also possible to assign a keyboard shortcut, which along with 'actions' and or 'favourite actions' is well worth setting up.

Return to “Tracktion”