Waveform 13 coming

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tracktion posted "Waveform 13?" on both Facebook and Instagram today. Hoping this means a release is on its way any time now. Excited to try the new version
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Dawesome mentioned that they've moved the release of Myth because of a new product... can't wait :)

I don't do Face or Insta... thanks for keeping us up to date jjpscott01
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

dajonaga wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:08 pm Dawesome mentioned that they've moved the release of Myth because of a new product... can't wait :)

I don't do Face or Insta... thanks for keeping us up to date jjpscott01
Of course my friend!
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

I wonder if version 13 will install over 12 or alongside it? If it overwrites then I can test on this system and move to my studio system if I decide to upgrade which just based on what's been written is almost certain.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:27 pm I wonder if version 13 will install over 12 or alongside it? If it overwrites then I can test on this system and move to my studio system if I decide to upgrade which just based on what's been written is almost certain.
Past versions have installed alongside previous versions. I can't see 13 being any different.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Tracktion 13 will be released this Saturday March 30th per Tracktion's Facebook page. Says details about new features will be released soon on social media. Ill update this post if I see anything posted about the new features before Saturday

Standard reminder: if you're planning to experiment with v13, always work with COPIES of your projects. Once a project is opened and saved in a new version, the old version will be unable to read those files.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

A little strange that it's being released on a Saturday. Usually companies choose a weekday to release new software so that users can get some support right away. Not that support is one of Trackion's strengths anyway.

d.

dayvyg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm A little strange that it's being released on a Saturday. Usually companies choose a weekday to release new software so that users can get some support right away. Not that support is one of Trackion's strengths anyway.

d.
The support will be available two weeks before W14 :D
Though, interesting about the stability and crushless optimisation for fat projects in W13.

I wonder what the upgrade from 12 Pro will be? I don't see it mentioned on social media yet.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:58 pm I wonder what the upgrade from 12 Pro will be? I don't see it mentioned on social media yet.
There should be an upgrade price, but last time the offer email was slightly behind than the release by a day or so.

Why not release version 13 on April 1? This would be symbolic and epic :) I hope that this will remain just a joke.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:27 pm I wonder if version 13 will install over 12 or alongside it? If it overwrites then I can test on this system and move to my studio system if I decide to upgrade which just based on what's been written is almost certain.
I have Tracktion versions 5-7 on my laptop in 32-bit and 64-bit, along with versions 8-12 of Waveform, with version 8 in 32-bit and 64-bit. That's twelve versions. Might be time I had a new machine...
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

@jabe, and other long-time users,
could you inform us newcomers about how the upgrade process was used to be?
Here on the forum it was already informed about the experience and need to keep a copy of the old version projects and settings, because once they would be opened by a newer version there seems to be a high chance that afterwards the touched projects cannot be opened in the old version anymore, and a backup of the settings will also not harm.

And then? We will run the installer of the new software version and it will overwrite the old software version? Or will it keep the old software version installation untouched and install the new version in a new folder and call it by a now differently named executale file in the different path? What's about Extensions Packs, Content, Presets, etc ? Will they be shared? And the old settings folder, will it be read and then a new settings folder for the new Waveform version will be created, or the settings are reused and overwritten with maybe newly introduced parameters? But then the old version might not be able to use this new settings anymore and the old version need how to be configured to finds its old projects and old settings in the backup location?

Would you share your experience with us?
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

talby wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am @jabe, and other long-time users,
could you inform us newcomers about how the upgrade process was used to be?
Here on the forum it was already informed about the experience and need to keep a copy of the old version projects and settings, because once they would be opened by a newer version there seems to be a high chance that afterwards the touched projects cannot be opened in the old version anymore, and a backup of the settings will also not harm.

And then? We will run the installer of the new software version and it will overwrite the old software version? Or will it keep the old software version installation untouched and install the new version in a new folder and call it by a now differently named executale file in the different path? What's about Extensions Packs, Content, Presets, etc ? Will they be shared? And the old settings folder, will it be read and then a new settings folder for the new Waveform version will be created, or the settings are reused and overwritten with maybe newly introduced parameters? But then the old version might not be able to use this new settings anymore and the old version need how to be configured to finds its old projects and old settings in the backup location?

Would you share your experience with us?
The installation of 13 will not mess with earlier versions. I have often had several versions of Tracktion and Waveform operating perfectly fine on the same computer. Regarding the compatibilty of a 12 file opened and saved in 13 - if you do this by mistake, you can usually edit the tracktion edit file (XML) to refer th the 12 version rather than the 13 and it will be openable in 12. Of course it's sensible to not save a file in 13 if you are still intending to use with 12.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Return to “Tracktion”