No Video track in Waveform Pro 12.5.11

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello !
Since I updated my Waveform from Waveform Pro 11, I cannot create a Video track with Waveform 12.5.11. I cannot import (load) a video clip (.mp4) in my tracks ! What can I do for it ? I'm an old french man, and I write in english so bad ! Please, help me ! Thank you very much !
Waveform pro 12.5.11 run very well with audio tracks; I buy this version for add video tracks in my audio projects, but I do'nt know how to do it !

The way it works for me (Linux) is to consider the following:

recognized formats are at least:
.mov
.mp4
a not recognized format is at least
.m4a (although identical with mp4, but WF seems to consider only the 3 letter file extension and not the content of the file, and simply does not appear to have .m4a in its list of known formats)

also not working is the folling case:
A container file " *.mp4 " which does not contain any video content but only audio content does not work for me in WF.

So, if having either a *.mov container file, or a *.mp4 container file, which contains both, video and audio content, then the following works for me:

Option 1)
In the Browser (keyboard shortcut "B") there are tabs called "Files" and "Search". Tab "Files" appears to only list audio formats (listing also *.m4a files here as audio files, but will actually not work with the *.m4a file). In Tab "Search" I needed to add a folder as a Bookmark, and then accessing this folder by the bookmark lists all files, audio and video files, and from here the video files can be insterted to a track by drag&drop (if containing video AND audio material, as commented on it already above).

Option 2)
Mark a track, use from the bottom menu of WF on the left side the menu FILE and in there choose the command "Load video file...".

Good Luck!
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Thank you very much, Talby, for your help !

The video file I want to load from my list is a "normally" .mp4 container file, with video and audio material. This video file works very well with other application (cubase), in a laptop HP with Windows 10.

I installed WF in another HP device (Windows 10), and in an Apple device MacBook Pro: the problem is the same in the 2 devices. So, I think that the problem is, perhaps, in the parameters ? In "licenses", the tools for video expansion are allowed...
Yet it works so well in the video of Tracktion Waveform 12.5.11 !!!

Another question: when I clic on the "enter" of a track, only the options "audio" and "Midi" are showed; why the option "video" does'nt appear ? Is this important or not ?

Thank you, I'll see you later !

For me under Linux there exits the following glitch:
SETTINGS - GENERAL - FEATURES - Video playback...
options to select from:
Standard player
Xjadeo video player
FFmpeg video player
If choosing either Standard or Xjadeo, then I cannot import anything, no video files, no audio files (tested with drag&drop as described in my former post as Option 1).
If I change the setting back to what I found initially there configured, to FFmpeg video player, then all import works as described above.
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

I've never managed to play a video file in Waveform or Tracktion.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Video is hell. I've never worked with video without absolutely hating the experience. Having said that, I just tried video with Waveform (12.5.11 Windows 10) and it seemed to work fine. I could drag and drop to a track. I could use the "Load video file..." from the menu. Both worked. The video played along with the Edit. Typical that when I try to get video to fail it fails me.
Olindo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:14 pm Another question: when I clic on the "enter" of a track, only the options "audio" and "Midi" are showed; why the option "video" does'nt appear ? Is this important or not ?
Are you wanting to record streaming video directly into Waveform? I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that. I think you can only load already-existing video files into Waveform.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Thanks to all for your help !

I'll work on it in the next days, and I"ll tell you how WF work with video files !

Thank you very very mutch !

Doesn't work for me either, did you succeed, any news?
I tried with a .mp4 container file without success (neither with drag and drop, nor with the load function)...
Works well with Standard player or Xjadeo video player but not with FFmpeg video player
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

Interesting, your settings of Standard player or Xjadeo video player or FFmpeg video player behave exactly the opposite to my experience. If you can share the video then I will check for you if it loads in my system. For the case that your particular video would not load into my system, then will try to find out which maybe different encoding parameters I can find in it in comparison to my own video.
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Thanks for this.
I have not the right to share the video but you can download it here:
https://repostexchange.com/competitions ... ompetition

Well, I can load and work with both the "audio only" WAV file, and the "RR_TT_Ad_Version_1" MP4 file found in the provided "ad-assets" zip folder.
The MP4 container file contains embedded the video in H264 format (1080x1920, 30 fps) and the audio in AAC format (2 channels, 41.1 kHz, 53 kbps). I am using Waveform Pro 12.5.11 on Linux. I tested with my Project audio set to 48 kHz, import copies of files, use of proxy files enabled or disabled (I tested both options), for Video it is configured to use the FFmpeg video player.
I haven't gathered experience working with video files, only tested that it is roughly working and that I can split video clips and move clips or cut clip parts around, also to other tracks. I noticed that the video and audio played synchronously, but the preview images strip shown in the clip in the track is not synchronous with the Video player output.
I am afraid I will not be able to help more, but hope it helped a little bit!
Have a good year and good luck in the competition!
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Thanks for your help, really appreciated!
Still not works, I opened a ticket.

Did your problem of getting loaded a video file (MP4 or MOV) become fixed in the recently here on the forum published updated 12.5 versions of Waveform? If so, maybe for future readers of this thread it could be marked by a [SOLVED] prefix in the title?
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Confirmed that problem solved in the 12.5.20 version! :tu:

Return to “Tracktion”