Waveform 13 coming

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As mentioned, I have multiple versions, but, as operandx says, they don't interfere with each other. That said, it does appear that the preferences chosen in Settings are stored somewhere that is common to all versions (and older versions will ignore new options).

This already sounds confusing, so let me know if I need to clarify any of it.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

All clear! It becomes installed a new version not overwriting the present version(s) and settings are shared between all versions. Any new parameters of new settings will be ignored by old versions, wich means settings stay backwards compatible. I also found that I can export various settings to various files and can then reload a verison as wished. Sounds all very solid.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Waveform Pro 13 - TOMORROW 🥳
Here's some new features to look forward to:
- Clip Launcher
- Controller Support
- Wavetable Synth
- Refined UI
+Much More

I don't have any use for a clip launcher and don't really need another Wavetable synth (but will definitely check it out).

The UI tweaks are what has me interested as I'm so close to dialing in a perfect UI theme for my taste.

I also want to support Waveform to encourage further development so we'll see what the upgrade cost is and take it from there. I've scheduled all morning tomorrow to check out 13 Pro. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 pm I don't have any use for a clip launcher and don't really need another Wavetable synth (but will definitely check it out).

The UI tweaks are what has me interested as I'm so close to dialing in a perfect UI theme for my taste.

I also want to support Waveform to encourage further development so we'll see what the upgrade cost is and take it from there. I've scheduled all morning tomorrow to check out 13 Pro. :tu:
Yeah me too. The UI tweaks will be the big feature for me along with more controller support. I'm ready to give it a good run through tomorrow
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

There's a new short video in the Tracktion group on Facebook. Some of you will have seen it. I can't determine its source, so can't post it here. It's a summary of most new goodies for us.

Some will be very happy to find that the GUI can be adjusted a fair bit.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

So how does it usually work, the free version of 13 will be released and that will function as a demo then we'll be able to purchase the Pro upgrade? Just formulating my game plan for tomorrow.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 pm I also want to support Waveform to encourage further development so we'll see what the upgrade cost is and take it from there. I've scheduled all morning tomorrow to check out 13 Pro. :tu:
Don't get too excited, probably won't be until a bit later in the day.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:07 am So how does it usually work, the free version of 13 will be released and that will function as a demo then we'll be able to purchase the Pro upgrade? Just formulating my game plan for tomorrow.
There will be a 30 (?) day demo for Pro. After you demo runs out you can switch to free but you lose the extra features.

FigBug wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:40 am
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 pm I also want to support Waveform to encourage further development so we'll see what the upgrade cost is and take it from there. I've scheduled all morning tomorrow to check out 13 Pro. :tu:
Don't get too excited, probably won't be until a bit later in the day.
What time zone?
FigBug wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:41 am There will be a 30 (?) day demo for Pro. After you demo runs out you can switch to free but you lose the extra features.
Ok that's cool, 30 days is plenty of time.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:07 am So how does it usually work, the free version of 13 will be released and that will function as a demo then we'll be able to purchase the Pro upgrade? Just formulating my game plan for tomorrow.
The free version tends to come out at least a few months after the full version. I don't know why.

(Edit: But as FigBug says otherwise that's more than good enough for me).
Last edited by jabe on Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHERE????)))

Patience. The reason I asked what time zone is because "late in the day" in the UK is 7 hours earlier here.

Oh well I can always check it out tomorrow and the days that follow (good lord willing I'm still around).

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:48 pm Oh well I can always check it out tomorrow and the days that follow (good lord willing I'm still around).
I don't get it... :? if you're in the USA it's a lot earlier for you than for us (as you mentioned yourself) - so the "Oh well, I can check it out tomorrow" rather applies to us Europeans (and even more so to those even further East)

Edit: okay, if they're in Hawaii then that's tough luck for most of the world, unless they release it early in the morning.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Tracktion”