Let‘s speculate about 5.2

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trostiflex wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 pm I think everybody needs to breathe a little bit. I mean BobDog collapsed and you don't follow.
Let's keep the speculation going. :)
I really don't understand what the hell you are talking about.

Can you explain the original post with video and this post for me, I am a little slow and I really don't understand.

I guess "BobDog collapsed", and "you don't follow" are some kinds of insult, why?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Just let it go my dude. You'll see, with the 5.2 version, all of your problems will vanish.

I so hope they will add their version of Ableton's midi tools.

So about 4 hours ago they posted this on Facebook: "10 years ago today, we launched version 1 of Bitwig Studio. And we have heard about the "Engigne" typo at the end of this video ever since. Thank you all for your support and love over the years. Here's to many more"

I took out the emojis and stuff.

Link to video: https://fb.watch/r2Zs3MrNfw/

That's it guys. :party:
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm So about 4 hours ago they posted this on Facebook: "10 years ago today, we launched version 1 of Bitwig Studio. And we have heard about the "Engigne" typo at the end of this video ever since. Thank you all for your support and love over the years. Here's to many more"

I took out the emojis and stuff.

Link to video: https://fb.watch/r2Zs3MrNfw/

That's it guys. :party:
Happy Birthday, Bitwiggers :party: :party: :party:

Funny how Ableton was at version 9 when they turned 10.

jules99 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:33 am Funny how Ableton was at version 9 when they turned 10.
At the speed bitwig release number updates which doesn’t even worth whole point updates it will be at version 15 when it will turn 15. Still, don’t expect anything special. Maybe couple of new stereo tools and redesigned mix knob.

As with every new version of Bitwig I hope that the "number of max note sources (512)" limitation will be solved. This forces me to work in Cubase for most projects and I'd love to go back to Bitwig.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

pboy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:56 am As with every new version of Bitwig I hope that the "number of max note sources (512)" limitation will be solved. This forces me to work in Cubase for most projects and I'd love to go back to Bitwig.
that must be the nichest thing i've read in my online life haha i hope for you tho..

I really hope it's a look and feel overhaul. Sure, new devices, or features are cool. And I hope we get some new things every minor update. But making everything else feel better, sleeker, more intuitive, less clunky, more polished, skinnable, add missing shortcuts and better shortcut options. Especially focusing on areas of UX around editing/automation and arrangement would be great. Currently the app does 99% of what I need it to do, out of the top things on bitwish, I can't think of a single one where I'm like, oh THATs going to make me want to quit bitwig if they don't add it soon.

There is one thing I really miss from other daws, and can't workaround in Bitwig : tempo mapping warp.
Warp_grid_mouse_sws.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hope ara2 for mixing

a new pop-up browser to see all your plugins and options in one view!

Nazlive wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am a new pop-up browser to see all your plugins and options in one view!

Wow, that looks like a real upgrade! A Browser where you can see all filters in a nice overview! :party:
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

nowiamone wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am
Nazlive wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am a new pop-up browser to see all your plugins and options in one view!

Wow, that looks like a real upgrade! A Browser where you can see all filters in a nice overview! :party:
Haha. Yeah. That's what bitwig browser used to look like before they decide to f it up.

gulugulufish wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm I really hope it's a look and feel overhaul. Sure, new devices, or features are cool. And I hope we get some new things every minor update. But making everything else feel better, sleeker, more intuitive, less clunky, more polished, skinnable, add missing shortcuts and better shortcut options. Especially focusing on areas of UX around editing/automation and arrangement would be great. Currently the app does 99% of what I need it to do, out of the top things on bitwish, I can't think of a single one where I'm like, oh THATs going to make me want to quit bitwig if they don't add it soon.
I wouldn't be very optimistic. As bitwig developers and representatives said many times: "We have our vision". Bitwig never look at what users want and rather concentrate on their little niche of developing synth with basic elements of DAW. Many users seems like it but unfortunately many tired of this approach. Personally I'm completely fed up and don't expect anything anymore.

PS: Bitwig 5.1.7 just came out and the improvement is a lot more exciting for me personally than all 5.1 update. Can you imagine how much off course developers got that minor QoL improvement is more exciting than all point update with glorious looking but utterly useless devices...

Return to “Bitwig”