Bitwig Studio 5.1.7

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.7 [released 28 March 2024]

IMPROVEMENTS
Sampler (Synth) device: Now loads the user-defined default preset when dropping in an audio file to create a Sampler instance [35150]

FIXES
Creating audio expressions with the Pencil tool while holding [ALT] was sometimes leaving a lot of "ghost points" in the window and eventually crashing the app (a regression) [35325]
Diode (Shaper) Filter+ / Sweep / Grid module: Was not always reseting properly, leading to silent output after bounce [FLOAT-35311]
Latch (Note FX) device: Did not stop on transport when Note FX chain is closed [35169]
MIDI Program Change (MIDI) device: Was not sending program 1 upon loading into the engine [35192]
After re-activating a plug-in, its resources would never be freed (on delete) [34924]
Copying clips or time to clipboard and then pasting in a drum pad would crash the program [34695]
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The file C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\5.1.7\bin\cairo-freetype-font-system.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Razy.850707 and has been moved to quarantine. We recommend conducting a system scan to exclude further infections.

Nice!

Ouch!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

False positive from virus scanner, big deal.

*Doh!* :dog: .. :)

This just means we're getting closer to Bitwig 5.2. I'm down with that.

And it's now the current stable release. But bring on 5.2 soon, please.

I'm at the point if they as much as blink, i'll throw money at them, bring it! ;)

The version seems stable on mac os M1.

I'm disappointed in Bitwig 5 compared to Reason and as for Live 12 I am slowly planning to decide if I want to use all the stuff I got for MaxForLive for it with all the other features. Live seems very promising. Reason 13 will decide whether I choose Live 12 and up much. I suspect it's late 2024 or early 2025 when 13 might come but maybe sooner.

Return to “Bitwig”