Let‘s speculate about 5.2

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am Bitwig never look at what users want and rather concentrate on their little niche of developing synth with basic elements of DAW.
That's a bold statement. Where's your evidence for that?
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am Personally I'm completely fed up and don't expect anything anymore.
You should use whatever fits best. If Bitwig no longer works for you, then good for you. Find something that does work.
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am Can you imagine how much off course developers got that minor QoL improvement is more exciting than all point update with glorious looking but utterly useless devices...
The horror, a modulair DAW focussing on their modulair philosophy.

It seems vroteg is stuck in a bad relationship with Bitwig for too long… Maybe it’s resurrestion time for another DAW ;)

muzicxs wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am Bitwig never look at what users want and rather concentrate on their little niche of developing synth with basic elements of DAW.
That's a bold statement. Where's your evidence for that?
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am Personally I'm completely fed up and don't expect anything anymore.
You should use whatever fits best. If Bitwig no longer works for you, then good for you. Find something that does work.
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am Can you imagine how much off course developers got that minor QoL improvement is more exciting than all point update with glorious looking but utterly useless devices...
The horror, a modulair DAW focussing on their modulair philosophy.
1. My bold statement comes from the fact that there were no user request ever addressed by bitwig. I know you will bring to my attention the MSEG and how great they are. Well, people asked for MSEG in 2016 with release of V2. Making them in 2023 is not addressing user request. Probably they just wanted them themselves as what they always do. So no, they never ever made user request to come to life.

2. "Its not for you and you need to move on". This is the most idiotic statement one can make. It is by the way for me. Because what I need the most is stability of the host. And I can forgive them anything as long as they keep platform stable. So can I use it, please? Sorry I did not ask you in the first place. My bad. I apologize for using it without your permission master...

3. Oh wow. I bet if we going to do now a survey and ask end users what they want, couple of new filters of ironing out bugs that been in the code for years and QoL improvements. The will be huge vote for second option.

PS: Oh yeah, I forgot I'm on bitwig forum among bitwig community and I'm not allowed to say anything other than "What a great update". I know, how dare I constructively criticize this program that show you C7 note every time you open midi editor. But as bitwig developers say: its not a bug, its a feature!

Audios!

vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm 1. My bold statement comes from the fact that there were no user request ever addressed by bitwig. I know you will bring to my attention the MSEG and how great they are. Well, people asked for MSEG in 2016 with release of V2. Making them in 2023 is not addressing user request. Probably they just wanted them themselves as what they always do. So no, they never ever made user request to come to life.
It's not a fact because it's a demonstrable false statement.
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm 2. "Its not for you and you need to move on". This is the most idiotic statement one can make. It is by the way for me. Because what I need the most is stability of the host. And I can forgive them anything as long as they keep platform stable. So can I use it, please? Sorry I did not ask you in the first place. My bad. I apologize for using it without your permission master...
Why is it idiotic? If something can make you so angry, I guess it's time to move on or change your priorities. Or go in therapy (not even making a joke here).
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm 3. Oh wow. I bet if we going to do now a survey and ask end users what they want, couple of new filters of ironing out bugs that been in the code for years and QoL improvements. The will be huge vote for second option.
Based on what? On your own bias because you don't care about any of the devices?
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm PS: Oh yeah, I forgot I'm on bitwig forum among bitwig community and I'm not allowed to say anything other than "What a great update". I know, how dare I constructively criticize this program that show you C7 note every time you open midi editor. But as bitwig developers say: its not a bug, its a feature!
The audacity of people to reply on a public forum! Even worse when they don't agree with me! You sound like a little child with entitlement issues.
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm Audios!
Bye!

The only things I'd like to see are an audio looper, like Live's but better, mono audio render, and sub-bar length audio export.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Nazlive wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am a new pop-up browser to see all your plugins and options in one view!

I absolutely hate it, it's like the old Macintosh file browser. I used to think why would anyone want something like that!
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 pm
Nazlive wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am a new pop-up browser to see all your plugins and options in one view!

I absolutely hate it, it's like the old Macintosh file browser. I used to think why would anyone want something like that!
Yup... I'm so glad they got rid of that old messy thing. The new one is so much better...

vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm 1. My bold statement comes from the fact that there were no user request ever addressed by bitwig.
First of all, no software company, including Bitwig, has any obligation whatsoever to listen to you.

Second your supposed fact, isn't. There are more counter examples than I could list. During the 5.1 beta cycle, users were asking for Bitwig to address the sluggish movement of automation points and they did, in the next beta. There were multiple such examples in the 5.1 beta cycle alone.
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm 3. Oh wow. I bet if we going to do now a survey and ask end users what they want, couple of new filters of ironing out bugs that been in the code for years and QoL improvements. The will be huge vote for second option.
The problem with your statement there is that there are very few, if any, bugs that have been in the code for years.

i've never used any version of Bitwig's browser pre-v5. This looks like generic Windows Exploer/old school Mac Finder. That kinda sorta looks like how other DAWS all have the expandable lists but it's all pre-expanded and taking up your whole screen. No thank you.

Between the context views you can set up, the collections, smart collections, snapshots, sound library/sample locations, I am finding Bitwig's browser to be the best browser of any DAW I've ever used. I can get to everything so quickly and with zero mousing around.

However, as a Bitwig noob, I will say it was extremely unintuitive to learn. A bit akin to learning how to use a spreadsheet or some shit like that lmao. (well, not exactly that bad, but you get the point.) But once it's all set up, and I got accustomed using it without mousing/clicking, it's so f**king crazy quick and functional IMO. As soon as I think of an instrument, plug-in, preset, or sample to bring up, I can have it up 3 seconds after the thought entered my brain without mousing or clicking on anything.

There are some superfluous things about it tho that clutter it up a bit. Tags for instance, is just nonsensical. Also, when first booting up Bitwig, the indexing is annoying. If you boot up Bitwig and get right to the browser searching for something, there is about 2 minutes of it "finding shit" and updating it's lists.

I've been observing alot of the complaints that I've been reading about the browser are simply a case of having to RTFM. Somebody the other week literally made an angry post about "I just want to find MY CREATED presets and most used plug-ins yada yada" and I thought "This is so low effort you don't even need to read the f'n manual do to that. This person isn't even trying." I guess that shows tho, to be fair, that alot of people are not willing to learn or expecting anything outside of a Windows Explorer/Mac Finder like experience from their browser.

Also, to be fair/sympathetic, it did indeed take some months for me to settle into the Bitwig browser, because like I said, it isn't exactly intuitive when you first see it. My opinion over the course of 3 months went from "this is whack omfg so terrible" to "it's okay-ish I guess" to "I kinda miss the Bitwig browser when I'm in other DAWS like Pro Tools" to "Oh shit, I think the Bitwig browser is the best one after all, isn't it?" haha

Cheers
"music is the best"

pdxindy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 am
vroteg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm 1. My bold statement comes from the fact that there were no user request ever addressed by bitwig.
First of all, no software company, including Bitwig, has any obligation whatsoever to listen to you.

Second your supposed fact, isn't. There are more counter examples than I could list. During the 5.1 beta cycle, users were asking for Bitwig to address the sluggish movement of automation points and they did, in the next beta. There were multiple such examples in the 5.1 beta cycle alone.
The problem with your statement there is that there are very few, if any, bugs that have been in the code for years.
1. His sluggish movement but was there from V3. What are you talking about?...
2. If you don't know the bugs then you probably don't use it. There are plentiful.

I remember now why Im trying to stay from bitwig forums and community. Toxic blind fanboysm of company on the wrong track isn't going to take you anywhere.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm The only things I'd like to see are an audio looper, like Live's but better, mono audio render, and sub-bar length audio export.
I have pitched this to them a year ago:
https://bitwish.top/t/looper-live-loopi ... tions/4610
Since then, i also built a working audio looper (video is posted there, too).
But maybe you already know that, and just ask for a native device. I agree;
Despite having built my own Bitwig Looper, i would prefer it, if they integrated what my Looper does as Looper Panel. Wouldnt that be awesome? :)
However, touch osc has certain advantages, which would be hard to emulate in Bitwig, unless that new (imaginary) Looper Panel also was a highly customizable Editor for custom controls. For instance, it’s possible to auto-arm the right tracks necessary to record midi vst instruments into the audio looper via a button in my touch osc interface - such individual needs could only be met if Bitwigs looper system would be highly customizable and not some tiny (crappy) standard plugin like Abletons looper. I mean, Abletons Looper is a prime example of what not to do in any future Loopers, imho. Like forcing users to a mouse action of dragging and dropping the audio into the clip Launcher. Not having access to single overdubs. No latency compensation. No visual overview of several loopers...
So i m quite happy we can directly record and access overdubs in Bitwigs launcher now, while also having great visual Feedback :)
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Im just waiting patiently (2013 :hihi: :hihi: ) for a little overhaul of the DM note editor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vroteg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 am I remember now why Im trying to stay from bitwig forums and community. Toxic blind fanboysm of company on the wrong track isn't going to take you anywhere.
Looking through your posts on KVR, they are nearly all negative comments. So I understand that you don't like Bitwig fanboys here :party:

But just hating is the same as just fanboying... not that helpful — besides the drama.

nowiamone wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:33 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm The only things I'd like to see are an audio looper, like Live's but better, mono audio render, and sub-bar length audio export.
Despite having built my own Bitwig Looper, i would prefer it, if they integrated what my Looper does as Looper Panel. Wouldnt that be awesome? :)
However, touch osc has certain advantages, which would be hard to emulate in Bitwig, unless that new (imaginary) Looper Panel also was a highly customizable Editor for custom controls. For instance, it’s possible to auto-arm the right tracks necessary to record midi vst instruments into the audio looper via a button in my touch osc interface - such individual needs could only be met if Bitwigs looper system would be highly customizable and not some tiny (crappy) standard plugin like Abletons looper. I mean, Abletons Looper is a prime example of what not to do in any future Loopers, imho. Like forcing users to a mouse action of dragging and dropping the audio into the clip Launcher. Not having access to single overdubs. No latency compensation. No visual overview of several loopers...
So i m quite happy we can directly record and access overdubs in Bitwigs launcher now, while also having great visual Feedback :)
What’s awesome about Ableton’s Looper is that it allows you to set the project tempo by defining the first loop.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:32 pm
nowiamone wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:33 am
What’s awesome about Ableton’s Looper is that it allows you to set the project tempo by defining the first loop.
Yea, this is more of a general Ableton strength though. Bitwig doesn’t give access to that function, sadly. We d have to ask Bitwigs team to please include that function in the Api and make it accessible via grid , for example. I have heard about workarounds but they seemed incredibly fiddly and non working :D
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Return to “Bitwig”