MIDI out

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was interested in getting an answer to this guy’s question. Is there a midi out to capture strum midi.

“HI everyone, I have a question about Automatic Chord Mode. This mode converts the chord you have held on a piano keyboard into a full guitar voicing. Nice!

QUESTION: How can I capture the MIDI of the guitar voicing that's generated from the keyboard chord? I'm on Ableton and I tried recording the MIDI and all it records is the original keyboard MIDI, not the guitar voicing MIDI. How would I go about grabbing the MIDI for the guitar voicing that’s generated?
Any help would be much appreciated ! Thanks !”

In Kontakt's preferences there's a setting labeled "Send MIDI to outside world" where you can have script-generated notes (which would include the chords/strumming) get outputted. I haven't tested it myself to see how well it would work for recording chords and strumming to your DAW, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thank you for responding. I think it just records the actual notes (C0 then the chord) instead of the output. I tested this n a free DAW because Logic does not do midi out very well. I would like to take the strum pattern and add some hammer ons and slides and what not.

Thanks.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”