W13: Cursor slow to move when background is clicked?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else having trouble getting the cursor/playhead to jump to the clicked area while a project is playing?

Example: listening to playback... want to jump back a couple bars to hear a part again... click a couple bars to the left... playhead continues to play for a few seconds or continues to play regardless.

I've checked the behavior settings, and everything looks right...it's just getting pretty annoying that it's not instantaneous like it was in 12 and earlier versions.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Yup, it's the quantization setting related to the clip launcher. It's trying to find the closest 'loop' point or something. Apparently you can change the quantization resolution in the master? track. This is just something I noticed also and caught the cause in one of the clip launcher videos on YouTube. I haven't spent any time looking further, but I guess that's where to start.

This is in traditional playback. I don't use the Clip Launcher.

Watchful wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:47 am This is in traditional playback. I don't use the Clip Launcher.
Depends where you click. Try clicking in Timebar at top.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Right click on the timeline bar and uncheck "Quantise transport position changes"
Waveform Pro 13.0.44, Windows 10

Will definitely give that a try. Thanks, Asprog! Seems odd this would have changed after all these versions, but Operandx is probably right that this is the result of implementing a clip launcher.

That was indeed the fix! Thanks so much both of you!

Return to “Tracktion”