Waveform 10 and uninstallation on MacOS

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I need to reinstall Tracktion Waveform 10.

How do I uninstall it? What paths/locations and files do I need to remove?

I prefer to do it manually.

Best regards
Ove

Is there a reason you need reinstall?
The main directory is to remove "~/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Waveform". Once you remove that and start Waveform again, it will re-create the directory.

Remember that this will remove everything though (settings, paths, etc.)!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I'm a software developer and as such I like to keep track on what's installed on my computer.

I figured that out these files and folders needs to be removed if I'd like to uninstall Waveform 10, for what ever reason.

Code: Select all (#)

/Applications/Waveform 10 (64-bit).app
~/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Waveform
~/Library/Preferences/com.tracktion.Waveform.plist
~/Library/Caches/Waveform 10 (64-bit)
~/Library/Caches/com.tracktion.Waveform
~/Library/Cookies/com.tracktion.Waveform.binarycookies
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.tracktion.Waveform.savedState
~/Library/Logs/Waveform10Log.txt
This is necessary knowledge, as Tracktion doesn't offer an uninstall app.

Waveform 10 stays on my computer and I look forward to play with the chord tracks :-) Nice feature!

Best Regards
Ove

So I uninstalled those listed files with the intention of some housecleaning and reinstalling later but now Waveform will not install correctly and can only be opened through terminal. Any idea on how to get these files back or how to repair?

No se como se instalaría Waveform 10 y anteriores, pero la Versión 12, tien un Desintalador, que en Windows esta en:

C:/Program Data/Microsoft/Windows/Star Menu/Programs/Waveform 12/

Return to “Tracktion”