A list of everything new in Waveform 13

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't seem to have that setting available in Performance. Maybe it's Windows only?

operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:32 pm
Purpan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:21 pm Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing the performance setting (I ticked "use 64 bit maths etc"); it didn't really change anything, unfortunately. Still getting stutters and short freezes, even at 1024 samples latency.
Dd you try changing the GUI Rendering option in performance there are two options Software Rendering and Open GL?
It's a windows only option, I was replying to the other geezer who was on Windows. Sorry.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

In my Linux installation the option is present here:
Settings tab --> Advanced --> Performance --> GUI Rendering mode
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:54 pm
operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:32 pm
Purpan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:21 pm Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing the performance setting (I ticked "use 64 bit maths etc"); it didn't really change anything, unfortunately. Still getting stutters and short freezes, even at 1024 samples latency.
Dd you try changing the GUI Rendering option in performance there are two options Software Rendering and Open GL?
It's a windows only option, I was replying to the other geezer who was on Windows. Sorry.
No worries.

operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:50 pm No issues here on Win 10 and 11 using simply on board graphics, what Graphic rendering mode are you using? Maybe try the other one (Under settings->advanced->performance. May or may not help.
I was using OpenGL (think it's the default or at least that's what I always used on 11 & 12). But switching to Software renderer seems to have fixed it for me so far. Even on the OpenGL renderer, the issue was only manifesting when the Clip Launcher was active (turning it off in the mixer made the app run smoothly again).

Where can I get a list of the control surface function list for Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro? Is there a document available that shows all control surface-related details in Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro?

Jason_ZA wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:23 am Where can I get a list of the control surface function list for Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro? Is there a document available that shows all control surface-related details in Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro?
There are two ways to setup MIDI devices in Waveform. The easy way. You can create custom midi control surface, press a button on the controller and then select a function from the list. Down side to this is you want get full feedback, like lights changing colour.

Or if you know javascript, code support yourself. Select an existing surface, reveal script. Read example.js for how to do it. Add a key to the shortcut, "show or hide controller log window" to see midi messages to/from the surface.

Thanks a lot, @FigBug.

FigBug wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:29 am

Code: Select all

- Windows:          Fixed ; and ' in onscreen keyboard
Where is that keyboard now? It used to be an icon and available from View...

@ForrestH I believe the Icon is only visible when the properties panel is in it's collapsed state.

"Show MIDI Typing" is still available in the View menu, but the keyboard icon doesn't seem to exist any more.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

where.png
There's the View menu and the smaller Properties... :help:
Or maybe it's not in the Linux version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's there in my version: Windows 10, WF 13.0.44 PRO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”