Ample Metal Eclipse 3 (and others) / What does grainy do?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, why doesn't the manual explain what the "grainy" and "random grainy" knobs do? :?:
I wasn't able to find any information about it anywhere. To my ears it seems to add picking noise or makes the sound duller? :help: It's the same on all the ample guitars.

I second that; the manuals for ample products barely explain anything (at least not worded in an easy-to-understand manner). While we're on the subject, what is the difference between the DI and Stereo inputs? I don't really hear a difference.

warwickbassist25 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:42 am I second that; the manuals for ample products barely explain anything (at least not worded in an easy-to-understand manner). While we're on the subject, what is the difference between the DI and Stereo inputs? I don't really hear a difference.
From what i understand, when you have the amps and effects enabled. It makes the sound more narrow. Not sure how or why either.

Thanks for the reply! Can anyone who uses AME or AMH upload their settings (or a screenshot)? I'm curious which settings everyone else uses as far as the amount of graininess, fret noise etc.

Does anyone have a more in-depth explanation of what the grainy and random grainy knobs do, or what the di and stereo di sliders do? I don't really hear a difference.
Last edited by warwickbassist25 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warwickbassist25 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:53 am Does anyone have a more in-depth explanation of what the grainy and random grainy knobs do, or what the di and stereo di sliders do? I sent really hear a difference.
I still haven't received any clue to either of those.

I'm really thinking about investing in another companies guitar VIs; the customer service for ample sound is not very attentive, and even when you do get a reply, it's obviously from someone who doesn't speak native English, so the explanations you do get are very vague.

warwickbassist25 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:59 pm I'm really thinking about investing in another companies guitar VIs; the customer service for ample sound is not very attentive, and even when you do get a reply, it's obviously from someone who doesn't speak native English, so the explanations you do get are very vague.
True, true. So i loaded the guitars again after a while. And grainy seems to indicate the note attack volume, and random grainy fluctuates that between notes? if you set it to 3, the guitar seems to hit softer.

Return to “Ample Sound”