RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

yea, ya know what, don't worry about it.. I'll have to ask them if that is correct..

lulukom wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:34 pm Hello Attila. Pay attention to my shortcut.. In the main Composition field, two tracks visually merge. My eyes just hurt from the strain (. Please make it possible to clearly separate tracks in the user interface settings. Thank you.
+1

Agree 100% - such a little thing, but will have huge impact.! Hope Attila can work his magic...
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

maybe soon there will be an updates to the vst plugins Mutator and Melodya?

thebutler wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:40 pm
lulukom wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:34 pm Hello Attila. Pay attention to my shortcut.. In the main Composition field, two tracks visually merge. My eyes just hurt from the strain (. Please make it possible to clearly separate tracks in the user interface settings. Thank you.
+1

Agree 100% - such a little thing, but will have huge impact.! Hope Attila can work his magic...
You can configure the separator between tracks, both width and color:

In the current version it can be maximum 3 pixels, but in the next updates you can choose 16 pixels for the width.
With the above settings it looks like:

Of course it looks better with black or dark grey, the blue is for demonstration purposes only :)

mongoloff wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:41 am maybe soon there will be an updates to the vst plugins Mutator and Melodya?
Yes, I am planning a big update for the MIDI Mutator in about 2 weeks. I want to implement some more features.

Thanks,
Attila

In the current version it can be maximum 3 pixels, but in the next updates you can choose 16 pixels for the width.
Thanks Attila. Your decision is correct!

Regarding the Mutator.. I think that now the weakest point in the Mutator is Chord Progressions. The mutator was originally created to modify existing midi files and I think that generating chord progressions should be present here. Now I’m not talking about rhythm or voices (it’s as if it already exists, although the width of the voices should change according to the narrow-wide principle), but I’m talking about the fact that I see a programmatic change in the selected chord sequence according to certain user-set parameters. What parameters will these be? This should be decided by users on this forum .. For example, I would like to see the choice of complicating and simplifying the chord sequence (triads -7-9-13) by simply selecting it in the menu (as is done in Scaler 2). Next is an expanded menu of harmonic substitutions. Next, select the movement of the harmonic sequence (for example, 2-5-1, 4-5-1, etc. at the user’s choice, maybe with a graphical direction solution, approximately as is solved with the chord builder). Next, select the distance from the tonal center. Next, compare two or more chord progressions to obtain new variants of these progressions. And I think that the random selection should be determined by the established parameters. Next, I would like to save MY own STYLE of chord progressions with the further ability to apply it to other midi chord files. And that's all Chord Progression Mutator! I've already played and recorded some chord progressions and I really want their variations! Thank you .

Thank you for your very fast response and the fixes! Working great. :)
Some comments below.
musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:57 pm
Blobby19 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:52 pm - The window size of e.g. the phrase panel changes depending on the selected tab. E.g. if I resize one tab larger so that I see everything, and then switch to another tab in the same window it is small again. Would it make more sense to keep the size consistent through all tabs? Sometimes I feel like I need to resize it multiple times until it fits for all tabs. In some cases the window is so small that I don't even see all the tabs.
Each tab has a preferred/optimal size, which the user can freely resize, when possible.
Understood. I think these sizes are not stored after closing the application right? That might be a potential improvement, otherwise the user needs to set the sizes everytime the application is restarted.
musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:57 pm
Blobby19 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:52 pm - Is the Markov generator still working in the MIDI mutator? It does not do anything here.
Yes, it should work. When you drop a MIDI it will analyze it, and then clicking on "Markov generator" should create similar sequences.
If you have a MIDI file that does not work with it, please send it to me in e-mail.
I realized now that the "Markov generator" only works after dropping a MIDI file. I thought it would also work if I simply create a MIDI sequence in the editor. :D Could be an idea to either inform the user after clicking on the button that nothing can be done, or perhaps make it work with a manually created sequence, if that's technically possible.

Thanks again!

I know I sent my request into other thread, but re-post it here again! Mod please forgive me!

Please add the chromatic scale color support. I need to colorize notes based on chromatic or any other scales.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll implement coloring scale notes in the next update!
I added this to my to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks so much, I really needed it.

Well I'll be.. lol.. as it turns out, Reaper has an Arp as well.. it's a "built in" JS plugin called "arp!0". Once you load it, in the top right side you will see the text "[arp!0]" you click that for help.

Another source for guidance there Atilla..

Anyways, I don't plan on bugging you about the arp and all, so, no worries there. I do want to say, though, it may be one of the "last pieces" to the RC puzzle that is missing.

I totally understand how complex of a coding project it would be, and having time constraints on releases makes it harder to do, and, so, as an alternative, maybe look into what it would take to allow a midi vst to be used.

RC would have to use a VST, like, for example, Blue Arp, (possibly JS Arp!0 too), before or send out midi to a channel or instrument on, or, to a track.

This would relieve you of the burden of coding an Arp for now, and the users could take advantage of the Arp stuff.

That is a good idea, BluGenes.
Creating an arpeggiator from scratch is not difficult but very time consuming, especially if such software already exists. It would make more sense to provide MIDI routing in RapidComposer in order to be able to use MIDI-out plug-ins.

Thanks!
Attila

I think Numbering notes like I bII II bIII III IV bV V bVI VI bVII VII is more natural than I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII when scale is selected for note kind in the note window. Because we have been accustomed to this way of enumeration when we work with intervals.

V equals to perfect 5th means 8 semitones from the root or bass note whereas V in your scale numbering means 5 semitone.

If a facility is provided so that the classic way of numbering in that window I mentioned be accessible, it would resolve lots of confusions.

I saw this problem when I selected show rendered note labels in the track's view settings menu.

Thanks!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”