Feature request: preview MIDI through track

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having the ability to choose a plugin for preview is better than just the system default but I would prefer to be able to choose a track for MIDI preview for two reasons.

1. It doesn't need to load a new instance of the plugin.
2. It allows me to have specific settings for that plugin rather than just the init preset (which is nothing if it happens to be a sampler.)

For drums in particular this would make things much more convenient.

By the way, I just tried the "use plugin for MIDI preview" function and it seems like it doesn't take effect until after I close and re-open the edit. (WF 13.0.37 Windows 10)
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I'll get the refresh bug fixed

Added preview through track to our list of feature requests

FigBug wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:10 am I'll get the refresh bug fixed

Added preview through track to our list of feature requests
FigBug- good man Is it possible to restore the function of the undo-redo "volume and pan" plugin and restore show plugin selector function"recent"
2024-04-17_15-58-34.png
as in version 10 and 11 WF? because it doesn't change when used
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

imstre wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm ...as in version 10 and 11 WF? because it doesn't change when used
This drove me crazy in v12. Would love for undo to work in the volume/pan plugin! It's way too easy to nudge this into the wrong position on that tiny plugin.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

imstre wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm FigBug- good man Is it possible to restore the function of the undo-redo "volume and pan" plugin and restore show plugin selector function"recent"2024-04-17_15-58-34.png as in version 10 and 11 WF? because it doesn't change when used
Thanks
I'll talk to Dave about the volume undo, it broke something else, which was why it was removed. I can't remember what off of the top of my head.

What is wrong with the recent in plugin selector? I didn't think we'd made any changes there.

FigBug wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:07 pm
imstre wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm FigBug- good man Is it possible to restore the function of the undo-redo "volume and pan" plugin and restore show plugin selector function"recent"2024-04-17_15-58-34.png as in version 10 and 11 WF? because it doesn't change when used
Thanks
What is wrong with the recent in plugin selector? I didn't think we'd made any changes there.
Hi,
In version 10 it worked fine, using vst and opening it
"show plugin selector" shows the first png used vst as in the "recent" section
look at the png I uploaded - for example I used waveform EQ after opening "show plugin selector" Eq will be first in line but now nothing changes and it worked well in version 10 and I really like to visually choose which VST to use :)
you can simple choose from the list, but it's more fun for me to work that way.
did I clearly post what is not working?
"show plugin selector" should work like "Recent section, uploaded png
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I was able to see recently used plugins in the Plugin selector screen both in W12 and now W13...
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

UnionS8 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am I was able to see recently used plugins in the Plugin selector screen both in W12 and now W13...
In show plugin selector with a picture or recently without a picture?

I can see recent plugins in both cases.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

UnionS8 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:01 pm I can see recent plugins in both cases.
Thanks,maybe I didn't set it right somewhere or something

my problem "show plugin selector" was solved
there were no problems, vst favorit was shown first and recently it was used after that

Return to “Tracktion”