Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fixes

Fixed cases where the engine could sometimes get stuck loading a plug-in (if the sandbox crashed at a very early point) [35268]
Clock Divide (Logic) Grid module: Reset in port was not being respected (a regression) [35524]
Recording Launcher into Arranger ("global record") could produce slightly wrong automation in some cases [35457, 35580]
Editing Launcher clip automation while it is being recorded to the Arranger was recording the wrong automation, and sometimes deleting points that have already been recorded [35586]
Automation was displayed incorrectly in the Automation Editor Panel (in Clip mode) after recording a Launcher clip with automation to the Arranger [35585]
Automation Editor Panel in Clip mode was sometimes displaying as empty when selecting an Arranger clip
Recording a discrete parameter from the clip Launcher with a point at the loop end would cause an infinitely thin automation spike to be recorded [35583]
Realtime Bounce and Export functions always process every single track, so you can hear them [35523]
Double quotes (") in comments or project metadata no longer break MP3 exports [35421]
VST3: Fixed a memory leak in message handling [LSP #383]
Linux: Corrected bad plug-in window hints

SmajjL wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:07 am I'm at the point if they as much as blink, i'll throw money at them, bring it! ;)
I guess that would be, NOW! ;) thanks devs! :)

Looks like its an early access update.

I always wait for the final release now (unless I have a show stopping bug) as the install process is a pain you end up with multiple versions of Bitwig (no option to overwrite, new shortcuts needed etc). Even when its released I have to manually uninstall the old version, delete the old links, install the new version, make a shortcut in my taskbar etc. Doesn't seem like much but there seems to be a bug fix update every few weeks!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Well, my excuse is that Santa never did show up and i had to move and prio other boring life-stuff, so i will be the new Santa and this one is even active during "summertime ;)

Not sure if Linux users have an easier time with that, specially if we use Flatpak, i know for example that on Linux, i can just link the whole samplelibrary from another drive to /home/SmajjL/Bitwig Studio/Library without the need to copy, just as an example and on Windows, i believe we can not do that.

Not saying you are wrong though, not sure what they can do about it without headaches, surelly there must be a reason and it is not to get on the users nerves on purpose i hope ;)
I guess i will find out soonish since i jumped a -pre.. :)

SmajjL wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm Not saying you are wrong though, not sure what they can do about it without headaches, surelly there must be a reason and it is not to get on the users nerves on purpose i hope ;)
On Windows it just installs next to... on Mac you can choose to overwrite as well.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 pm
SmajjL wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm Not saying you are wrong though, not sure what they can do about it without headaches, surelly there must be a reason and it is not to get on the users nerves on purpose i hope ;)
On Windows it just installs next to... on Mac you can choose to overwrite as well.
There we go - and i had no idea how things were are on a Mac, "they" do say that Mac is a distant cousin or something to Linux, but don't quote that ;)
Ps, just upgraded to the beta with a .deb and it overwrites fine (using my precious Gdebi) ;)
Last edited by SmajjL on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am Fixes

Fixed cases where the engine could sometimes get stuck loading a plug-in (if the sandbox crashed at a very early point) [35268]
Now some plugins can crash at startup peacefully without popping up a window asking to send a report or not. Hmmmm.

Return to “Bitwig”