RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi foster911,

I understand what you mean and it may be slightly misleading, but these buttons select the Nth scale note, so they do not indicate intervals (only in the case of the Chromatic scale). For major or minor scales, buttons VIII to XII are not used at all.
Traditionally roman numerals mean scale degrees in RapidComposer.

Please note that recently a new setting was added to select between alternative and conventional notation. I think you'd prefer the conventional notation:

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks for the info. I was so helpful ...

Today I noticed something again related to coloring.

Suppose a chord with these notes:
C Eb E

This chord traditionally was not recognized as a chord but in modern music that every intervals combination is possible, assume that such a chord exist.

The intervals of this chord are 1 b3 3. When I want to colorize these notes of chord, there's no way in RapidComposer to distinguish between b3 and 3. Both of them are colorized the same. I looked at Settings--> User Interface--> Chord Coloring, and the only option available is just for the chord note 3.

I would appreciate if you provide a facility to colorize chords based on intervals. All 12 intervals in the chord structure could have their own colors.

I implemented your request today.
You can set up colors for any of the 22 semitone offsets from the chord root note:

I'll upload a beta version in the next hour.

Thanks,
Attila

RapidComposer v5.3b1 is available!

This is worth downloading as it includes the new troubleshooting window that appeared in v5.2.2 (released today). The new window appears if RC was started with the Caps Lock on. So you won't have to hold down Ctrl or Alt during startup and the troubleshooter offers more options.

Improvements:
  • Improved chord notes coloring with 22 colors used for 22 semitone offsets

Thanks for your efforts!

Does your coloring apply only to chord tones or different scales are also included?
For example C Locrian or any other scale can have distinct coloring based on scale degrees.

Let me elaborate. 4 colorings schemes can be realized:
1- Coloring based on chord tones
2- Coloring based on scale degrees
3- Coloring based on the absoluteness of notes, e.g note C takes the color of green irregardless of chords and scales. Some DAWs like Cubase, Studio one or Reaper have this feature.
4- The other one is arbitrarily coloring of notes or note groups.

All of these schemes are needed during composition.

BTW, How can I access to the beta version? :love:
Last edited by foster911 on Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes, other types of coloring will be implemented too.
I'll send you the beta download links in PM.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. 8)
If the coloring is savable when the theme is exported, would be a fine option.
:hug:
Last edited by foster911 on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think three's a bug in the Tonnetz window:

Sometimes weird behavior happens by clicking on the triangles' edges. It randomly switches to other triangles or random notes are selected.

Some chords are not selected on Circle Of Fifths and whenever they are selected, they are not correctly reflected in other tabs.

Loving RC 5. Addicted to it now.
Few things.

1. Song view crashes instantly. In DAW and standalone. Bitwig 5.1, windows 11, i9 8th ssd.

2. Please, please, please add keyboard shortcuts to the browser. That would be a game changer. Quickly audition many different phrases with the link enabled using arrow keys. Add a link for progressions for use to swap KEYS and progressions on the fly.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”