Krotos activation processes crash in BWS 5.1.7

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So the Humble Bundle folks have put up a Krotos bundle for $30, and I've never owned any of their products before and was not familiar with their tech but wanted to try it out for that low price. Turns out their "Concept2" and other plugins have been tested in a few DAWs, but not Bitwig... and their activation process crashes 5.1.7. Their docs, which were not published on the Humble page, say "if your DAW isnt in this list, we didnt test it." Sure enough, it doesnt work.

Before I get a refund on this -- does anyone have any experience using Krotos stuff in Bitwig? Is there any workaround of method to get activation working? Otherwise they are just VST3 and should work fine. Ive also sent them an email but havent heard back and wanted to see if there were any workarounds. Thanks!

Welp, I managed to activate Concept2 in Cubase 12, but I cant get it(plugin) running in BWS 5.1.7. So I can technically use this but I dont plan to use Cubase much anymore, so I still need to get it working in BWS before my refund window closes.

Edit: and I got it running, so far. I was able to start it one time in cubase, activate, remove the plugin from a previously saved bitwig project (it was crashing the audio engine when I started it), and start from scratch. Now the Concept2 plugin runs in BWS 5.1.7, despite no official testing, and *so far* it seems stable (VST3).

Activating the plugin in a different DAW (Reason 11) worked for me as well. Just launched but so far so good. Pretty cool synth, TBH. I'd like to say I'm shocked that it was crashing but I'd be lying. Krotos has been generally flakey for me but I couldn't pass this up. At least they're not using iLok any more.

Return to “Bitwig”