Am I the only one having computer keyboard disconnecting... on BitWig 5.1.7 and 5.1.8 - I explain...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I do not know if it is just me but since last 5.1.8 and possibly started with 5.1.7, I keep getting computer keyboard disconnection!

Just now got worse on 5.1.8

I start an audio recording (playing guitar) then I hit space to stop and it does not act, until I highlight - i.e. click on BitWig frame or anywhere else!

Not the first time.

Yes, I do have a wireless keyboard,but it works fine anywhere else and only happens with BitWig.

Thanks
M :phones:

I am on Windows 10 22H2 - wireless keyboard - connection is fine, but in the future I may get a cabled one - as I did with mouse!
KVRaudioline
:clap:

Addition

It got worse and worse.

It is not to do with Keyboard or mouse (as well!).

Application HAS a problem and I noticed the BitWigAudioEngine-X64-AVX2.exe 'may be' the problem.

It is at 1,900Mb and I have not changed anything in the audio settings or hardware.

While BitWig Studio is at only 460Mb usual much higher.

I am no expert but, has BitWig split load into ***-X64-AVX2.exe or what?

I may re-install 5.1.7 and see the differences then - if I get the time or earlier, as I see 5.1.7 and 5.1.8 are exactly the same size - guessing nothing major changed and confirms they both have similar problems.

Maybe I will install 5.1.6
... and I did notice, possibly since 5.1.3 - every time I install new version, it tends to kind of make PC sluggish for maybe 10-15 seconds at beginning of installation.

Very strange as I do not have this kind of problem when installing any other 'large' applications.
PC with Intel i5 - 2.7GHz Windows 10 22H2 31Gb fastest memory for this PC - I only use about 15Gb usually - with BitWig running and other apps running - yes I closed other apps - nothing to do with them interfering and CPU runs average at 47%.
I also checked Firewalls etc.
mmm

PS lately I seem to get problems at weekends, when one wishes to relax.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘€
KVRaudioline

Just adding what I found:

5.1.6 BitWigAudioEngine-X64-AVX2.exe is at 1,600 MB - everything is the same

Computer seems to run regularly now, no keyboard or even mouse freezes (yes, had mouse freezes too) - slowly got worse, so something is 'adding up and get to the point of freezing.

Once again, only with BitWig and at present CPU average is 48%, memory used 13.2 out of 31.9

All runs smoothly
KVRaudioline

Maybe not be directly related but for the first time ever the Launchpad spontaneously rebooted yesterday during a mixing session with 5.1.8. Total reboot and reappeared as a new USB device.

So your keyboard didnt disconnect, like your OP says, but you lost focus and cant figure out why?
And you dont understand common DAW memory (RAM) consumption, process by process, so you are concerned that Bitwig's normal processes are problems? And you have 5.1.3 through 5.1.8 on your system and you are going back and forth between them all?

Do you ever, for example, check your browser (internet browser) memory consumption? Do you do your own systems administration?

Return to β€œBitwig”