Studio One 6.5 DAWProject Integration

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dellboy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 am
moss wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 pm
dellboy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm I gave Dawproject between Bitwig and Studio One a good try,but it currently does not work(at least not for me).
Please report your issues to Bitwig and/or Presonus, so they can improve it.
dellboy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm So then tried the Moss Project Converter. This converts Bitwig Dawproject songs and can export to Reaper,and this works very well. It will even convert between Bitwigs clip view including scenes.

In Reaper,all the scenes are displayed along the top of the Reaper arrangement page and can be mouse clicked to play the clips in them. It succesfully loaded all the VSTs used in Bitwig seamlessly. Of course,if you use Bitwig instruments to compose your song then a suitable VST substitute will have to be loaded manually.
Great to hear!
The Bitwig conversion-export side seems to work fine. I exported and re-imported into Bitwig,and all was well. Its when you try to import the converted file into Studio One that it often does not work - very hit and miss. I see no point in reporting this to Presonus,as I am sure they must already know this.
Never be sure of this and if more people report something the importance raises. I reported some issues to them which got fixed in the latest update.

moss wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am
Never be sure of this and if more people report something the importance raises. I reported some issues to them which got fixed in the latest update.
I take your point.

Further to trying your app with Studio One,I used your converter to import into Studio One,and this pretty much solved all of the problems I had experienced using the native Bitwig converter. Using your app in between Bitwig and Studio One allows for export of the clip view and scenes directly into Studio One much like it works in Reaper. All of the VSTs that I used in Bitwig loaded up correctly in Studio One. Good work :tu:

dellboy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am
I take your point.

Further to trying your app with Studio One,I used your converter to import into Studio One,and this pretty much solved all of the problems I had experienced using the native Bitwig converter. Using your app in between Bitwig and Studio One allows for export of the clip view and scenes directly into Studio One much like it works in Reaper. All of the VSTs that I used in Bitwig loaded up correctly in Studio One. Good work :tu:
Didn't think of that! Great idea!

:)
moss wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 am
dellboy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am
I take your point.

Didn't think of that! Great idea!
It gets better.

After importing into Studio One with your converter it is possible to create an arranger track and assign all the Bitwig scenes to intro-chorus-bridge etc,and either rearrange them in the inspector,or just click on them with mouse to trigger them. It takes a few seconds to re-create in Studio One what you previously had in the Bitwig clip launcher.(minus the ability to loop individual clips). I am sure you already knew this,being the creator,but I am just confirming that it works well. :)

Return to “Bitwig”