Novation V-Station and Bass Station skins (Peak, Summit and BS2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Station V-Station

Use your ears. Not your eyes.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:57 pm Use your ears. Not your eyes.
I find them both pretty uncomfortable to operate a mouse and keyboard. But you're right, putting your eyeballs on it is worse.

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

haha!

Great skins, thank you very much, @Branis!

Question on the B-Station skin:
how could I place the PitchBend Range knob to the center of that area?
b-station-pbendrange.png
I'm doing a custom version and wanted to move the knob towards the middle. Can't find it in the .xml though. How is the position of the knob determined?
And that's not just for this knob, there are only like 7 or so knobs in the .xml. No idea how the position of all the other knobs is set. I'm wondering how they even show up without existing in the .xml file :shrug:
How is it done in this case??

thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mesamask wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:37 am Great skins, thank you very much, @Branis!

Question on the B-Station skin:
how could I place the PitchBend Range knob to the center of that area?

b-station-pbendrange.png

I'm doing a custom version and wanted to move the knob towards the middle. Can't find it in the .xml though. How is the position of the knob determined?
And that's not just for this knob, there are only like 7 or so knobs in the .xml. No idea how the position of all the other knobs is set. I'm wondering how they even show up without existing in the .xml file :shrug:
How is it done in this case??

thx
I think the easiest way to find a knob is to search for knob.png, you'll see there's actually 36 results.
The one you are looking for is most likely this one:

Code: Select all

<control class="IKnobMultiControl" x="466" y="152" direction="vertical" gearing="4.0">
  <resource fn="knob.png" stacks="51" stack_direction="horizontal"/>
  <param_binding id="37" ref="osc bend amount"/>
</control>
To move it horizontally simply change the x value
Also notice the ref parameter. That can help determine the role of the control, but it's not always perfectly obvious

Aaahh, got it now, thank you.
I messed it up a bit with the search function in Notepad++. But I probably saw that control before and just didn't notice that "osc bend amount" would be the one I was looking for. Was always searching for "pitch bend", "pitch range" and so on.
Already applied.

thx & cheers
Last edited by mesamask on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

you should make it say Bass Station 2 :)

I was messing around today making a baby blue one. Also fixed up the novation logo and used bass station 2 image so it looks more inline. Using the branis one as a nice template over the top.
Last edited by inception8a on Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blank stare. :ud:

Mine will only load like this on Mac/Live :(
Anyone else have this issue and manage to fix it?

Both V Station and B Station same issue, installing the skin made no difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm not sure how it's done on Mac, but it looks like the image resources didn't load.
Check this comment, it may be of help: viewtopic.php?p=8534759#p8534759

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:26 pm I'm spoiled, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed someone will reskin Synth1 like this.
Synth1 Renders the skin based on a map. It's resizable & supports colour editing.
Try this
Panel: #182030
Text: #DDDDDD

Or this...
Panel: #202840
Text: #C0B830

vata44 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:14 am I swear these skins make it sound better!

With a good skin, you work better and that translates directly into results.
Probably you'll take some time to do it, but it will sound better because of your motivation.
Does anyone remember InsertPizHere interfaces?
InsertPizHere MrAlias 2 on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-isBuGQJFc

OK, this is silly, but if someone made a Nova skin for this, I'd probably pay around a tenner for it...

Return to “Instruments”