GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm I always loved ImpOSCar 2 so this was an instant upgrade!

I'm quite sad that they didn't fix the really bad gain staging though. Why on earth doesn't the main Volume control have at least +24dB of positive gain available? You are literally forced to use the filter drive at quite high amounts to have any hope of reaching normal output levels. You can see this in every single preset on the damn thing too..

Why on earth don't they allow for easy access to the very interesting sound of the filter with drive at minimal? Such a huge yet simple miss in my opinion. Oh well.. just need to add another gain plugin after it so it's not a massive deal but it IS annoying.
A bit of a head game. Turn the drive all the way down and the sound completely disappears.
Seems like there should be a baseline or default value, and then drive should boost it up from there.
Yeah I agree with this too. Filter drive at zero shouldn't result in no sound at all. There should be compensation gain to get the level of filter drive that you want.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:43 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm I always loved ImpOSCar 2 so this was an instant upgrade!

I'm quite sad that they didn't fix the really bad gain staging though. Why on earth doesn't the main Volume control have at least +24dB of positive gain available? You are literally forced to use the filter drive at quite high amounts to have any hope of reaching normal output levels. You can see this in every single preset on the damn thing too..

Why on earth don't they allow for easy access to the very interesting sound of the filter with drive at minimal? Such a huge yet simple miss in my opinion. Oh well.. just need to add another gain plugin after it so it's not a massive deal but it IS annoying.
A bit of a head game. Turn the drive all the way down and the sound completely disappears.
Seems like there should be a baseline or default value, and then drive should boost it up from there.
Yeah I agree with this too. Filter drive at zero shouldn't result in no sound at all. There should be compensation gain to get the level of filter drive that you want.
Isn’t the middle the default? Below that you’re removing drive until there’s nothing left to remove (ie no sound). Makes sense to me.

I wonder if this thing will work on 3.... :o :o

https://reverb.com/item/1240149-imposca ... gital-rare

High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:47 pm Isn’t the middle the default? Below that you’re removing drive until there’s nothing left to remove (ie no sound). Makes sense to me.
Was just reading in the manual that volume and drive interact.
High volume with lower drive produces clean sounds.
Seems like high volume with high drive can get nasty.
Last edited by felis on Wed May 15, 2024 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:47 pm
Isn’t the middle the default? Below that you’re removing drive until there’s nothing left to remove (ie no sound). Makes sense to me.
It's a bit confusing.

On the original OSC Oscar when you went past 70ish per cent on the output knob the synth would go into overdrive so the drive was essentially built into the output.

It seems like the drive knob on Imposcar 3 should be akin to the volume control of the original Oscar and the volume should theoretically be the output trim but the manual says they essentially split the function of the original into the drive and volume knobs.

On Computer Music 328 there's no download link for Imposcar2. No instructions to get a serial number either...

ralfrobert wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 pm
JamminFool wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:16 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:50 pm My farts are analog too. Sounds very Moog Model D like with drive knob.
but are they loud enough? :hihi:
And creamy?
Creamy, warm and broody.

If i have vegetables a day before it becomes spiky, clear, fizzy and gnarly. More in your nose. :-D

Well worth the $30 upgrade, I really like the sounds I'm getting from it. Reminds me (for obvious reasons) of my old Summit but grittier (that could be a trick of memory, it's been a couple of years since the Summit went to a new home).

Much as skeuomorphism can be a problem with VSTs, it's still easier for me to get into programming something like this vs. Hive

kraster wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:54 am On the original OSC Oscar when you went past 70ish per cent on the output knob the synth would go into overdrive so the drive was essentially built into the output.
The two are separate functions, sharing the same knob. Volume is just volume, you hold the 'Store' button whilst adjusting the volume knob and it is now adjusting filter driver.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Wed May 15, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:47 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:43 pm

It's on 40% in the init patch, but goes to 0 after double-click. I wish it was 40% by default in the knob itself, would be the most convenient for me
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

How does one apply an envelope to the wavetable position?

I like the sound, but since I haven't used v2 that much before I never got around to really designing my own in it. I am trying to get used to the layout. It does look much nicer than v2.

pummel wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:44 pm How does one apply an envelope to the wavetable position?
You can assign eg LFO1 to "Filter Envelope", and then use LFO1 to modulate with the WT Mod knob.

Diomede18618 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:14 am On Computer Music 328 there's no download link for Imposcar2. No instructions to get a serial number either...
You have to answer a few questions related to the issue to get the code sent to you. I can't remember where that set of questions is now, but it worked for me.

Return to “Instruments”