Logic Pro 11 is announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:42 am Yeah I got it working with the MIDI out from Komplete Kontrol, as Ploki says, use the output of the track the MIDI plugin is in as the input of a track with an instrument
Yeah not working with Reason Rack, I'll try another MIDI out capable AUi in a couple hours, but I'm venturing that not all MIDI out capable virtual instruments on MAc OS that work as VSTi's are going to automagically work as AUi MIDI out sources.

Dalle wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:21 am Ah great to see MIDI out for AUs, hopefully other DAWs will support it too.
I would venture a guess they will. AU gets obviously tested in Logic first so when Logic couldn't do AUi MIDI except by creating a whole new category with AU MIDI plugins that worked in Logics janky world, nobody was rushing to change their DAW for AU MIDI especially when VST midi plugins were already working, and theirs hardly a DAW on Mac OS that can't do both.

does the new piano work on an intel mac?

Yes

machinesworking wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:54 pm Yeah not working with Reason Rack, I'll try another MIDI out capable AUi in a couple hours, but I'm venturing that not all MIDI out capable virtual instruments on MAc OS that work as VSTi's are going to automagically work as AUi MIDI out sources.
Reason Rack works here!

However, the update to the multi-note piano roll is welcome. The previous version simply hid the notes of a track under the notes of another one permanently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I just say, the Stem Splitter works pretty well. I'm actually impressed. It also revealed that some of my own mixes are considerably more muddy than commercial ones. LOL. Love the MIDI input from other tracks as well. You can use it to capture a whole track of one of the session players or layer a bunch of synths. Not sure they needed to go full number from 10 to 11, but it was probably time.

yupp, the scaler + chord capturing workflow is acceptable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6CLarKnTE8

xbitz wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 pm However, the update to the multi-note piano roll is welcome. The previous version simply hid the notes of a track under the notes of another one permanently.
I have found there is no consistency to how this works in 11. Sometimes it works like this. Sometimes it doesn’t. I prefer the old way tbh where it mattered what track was on top in arrangement. Now there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the notes get shown or not shown
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

^^^ on mouse hovers over to come to the front, like in the picture, and then go back to its original depth or position after the hover. (for me)

Dalle wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:08 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:54 pm Yeah not working with Reason Rack, I'll try another MIDI out capable AUi in a couple hours, but I'm venturing that not all MIDI out capable virtual instruments on MAc OS that work as VSTi's are going to automagically work as AUi MIDI out sources.
Reason Rack works here!
good to know, I'll check to see what I was doing wrong, DP11, REaper, Live etc. all work fine with it, and it would be good to see Logic work.

xbitz wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:30 pm ^^^ on mouse hovers over to come to the front, like in the picture, and then go back to its original depth or position after the hover. (for me)
Okay so interesting thing here... for fresh midi regions this is working as in your video. for midi loops ive created in old logic versions (they are in my untagged loops idk if that has anything to do with it) its not working for these older midi regions i have saved
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

The Chord track is buggy. The stem splitter has problems with 'other.' The marquee tool deletes an entire region, not just what was intended. I deleted it, then re-downloaded it again to play with it some more, drove me a little nuts, so I'm back on 10.8.1 again. Plugins didn't even need to be rescanned. It's 10.9. I'll wait until it's developed a bit more.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It really had to be ready for the Apple Event, yes, it's very buggy, it's a Logic 11 early access...but they didn't dare to ask for money for it

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:36 am The Chord track is buggy. The stem splitter has problems with 'other.' The marquee tool deletes an entire region, not just what was intended. I deleted it, then re-downloaded it again to play with it some more, drove me a little nuts, so I'm back on 10.8.1 again. Plugins didn't even need to be rescanned. It's 10.9. I'll wait until it's developed a bit more.
Yup! Flex pitch is speeding some audio up. Weird!
Some AU Plugins on certain projects are not opening due to a certain plugin not being accepted - silicon related - The worst thing is that Logic doesn’t give you opportunity to either, tell you what plugin is causing the problem or to automatically not install it into the project.
Rosetta mode not working in 11 with Ventura although still working in 10.8.1

Anyone know if Rosetta works in Sonoma and Logic 11.

I guess it’s back to Logic 10.8.1 until the dust has settled:(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”